Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Midweek Making 11.2.22

 Here's what happened this week:

I finished the blue schoolhouse quilt.  I used an Accuquilt die to cut the blocks.  I love it.


I quilted it with a design from Urban Elements called Halo.  It's a fun texture.  It's that time of year when things outside are starting to turn to blah brown.

I'm excited I completed my JOY table topper.  You can read all about it here.  The prairie points setting was a pattern I received in a newsletter from the Canuck Quilter Designs here.


 

I have set my November OMG (one main goal) to finish this GFG for someone else.


I have finished the stitching on my Autumn Stamp Collection SAL at Pinker n' Punkin Quilting.  I'm still looking for a frame.


 The next project I will be working on each Sunday until completion is this Patchwork Cats table topper.


I have saved a photo like this on one of my Pinterest boards so, so long ago.  Then I found and purchased a pattern on Etsy from MaGalinaLatvia for a super reasonable digital price of $3.12 here.

Although I purchased the pattern on Etsy, I realized that I am an Accuquilt girl and not always a rotary cutter girl.  I kept the main idea and mostly the color combinations an then alterned the pattern to work with my Accuquilt dies on hand.  

I had to do some Halloween costume altering this week.  Our son participated in a fund raiser for his high school.  Students were encouraged to dress up and participate in a walk-a-thon.  I needed something simple and quick.  Our son chose his old hot-dog costume.  I just added a little ketchup so that it would fit.


After... expands an extra 10"+ if necessary.


I love finding selfies!  This one is great for fall.


It was a nice, 72 degree day near the end of October.  It's perfect weather for magnet fishing.


I'm linking up at Wednesday Wait Loss 300!  Come celebrate here.




I'm linking up with Susan for Midweek Makers here. 

39 Items remain on the WIP list. (I've had over 90 in the past!). This is PROGRESS!!!

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  HST Three, Six, Nine Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7. Little Houses (2.5" blocks) 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14.  Rail Fence Blocks (started January 2021 as my leader/enders)
15.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019  
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks  

 Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
9.  Patchwork Cats (table topper with Snail Trail tails) Started 10.30.22

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt 
3.  Random Ohio Stars -- started January, 2022

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Plus Quilt (Be Positive) started in 2016; quilt top completed 1.1.22
3.  Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4.  Vintage Grandma's Flower Garden Quilt (November OMG)


4 comments:

patty a. said...

These warm days are a real treat! That was a clever idea to add ketchup!

Linda Swanekamp said...

He is just not a little kid anymore1 He's all growed up, for sure. He looks like he is having a fun time. Hope school is going well for him and you can get some hours in also.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What fun your boy is having! Not sure what magnet fishing is, but I suppose it works because fish swallow things that are magnetic? Anyway, I'm absolutely blown away by all your projects and so many are finishes! Wow. That Grandmother's Flower Garden fascinates me. I don't think I've seen the flowers joined by diamonds before. How lovely. Thanks for sharing on my 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.

Susan said...

Pretty work you've got going!