Friday, November 18, 2022

A Friday Finish -- Rescue Patchwork Quilt

 It's late in the day, but I'm not going to let today go by without showing you my finish!


Of course my sister-in-law was being silly when she held it up with her head showing.  She didn't even recognize the quilt.  (She's definitely isn't a quilt or fabric person.) I explained to her that this is the quilt top she found for free at a garage sale along with some other vintage fabric.  I just finished it for her.  Here's a better photo without the hat.  


I then asked her if she wanted it.  She was thrilled.  I didn't know what to do with it anyways.  It was just going to go on the charity quilt pile.  She excitedly grabbed it up and immediately told me where she was going to put it in her house.  Perfect!  I didn't even measure it.  I'm happy it has a home and that I can cross it off of the WIP list.  I think it took me a whole 20 or so minutes to do the straight-line quilting on the longarm machine.

I didn't get a pic of the whole back.  You get the idea of what I call straight line, organic quilting.  I didn't get it officially measured either.  Oh well...  It's taller than my SIL (she's 5'2").  It's about 45" wide.


I'm linking up for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


Oh, and here's the best picture.  My SIL took it home and put it across the bottom of her bed.  Inspector Zoe (age 17) claimed it immediately.  😋












4 comments:

jmsx3 said...

I love that your reflection is in the mirror in the first photo. If the quilt "holder" had just turned around and you had angled the camera a bit, you both would have been in a photo. Finder, maker, owner -- pictured with the finished quilt. Perfect!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a pleasant happy little quilt1 Glad you finished it and gave it life.

patty a. said...

I'. glad the quilt has a home and will be loved.

Sandy Panagos said...

What a fun story! Sisters are the best!