Saturday, November 19, 2022

RSC22 -- Be Positive Is Complete

This morning I finished the final stitches on Be Positive.

This plus quilt was started back in 2016 as part of the RSC.  I was making another quilt that had 2.5" strip pieces left from each block that was enough to make each plus.  Win, win.

 

We only have a little snow on the ground today.  It's an Ohio 25 degrees--if that makes sense.  The quilt top was completed on 1/1/2022.  It was my New Years Day sewing project this year.  Glad it finally made it to the finish.  I really do like the 1.5" (1" finished) sashing and cornerstone pieces.  The scrappy neutrals are so much fun to me too.


I made the pieced back and scrappy binding during "red" month this year of the RSC. 
It measures 69" x 99".


I longarm quilted it with the design called Marmalade by Urban Elementz.  I'm loving the versatility of this desing.  My muscle memory really likes it too.  It's fun to quilt.  The only drawback is that it is an 8" design and I have to advance the quilt sooner than I would like.  It's worth the results.


IMAGE NAMEI'm linking up with Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22. 

I'm also excited that for the most part I have been keeping up the the 2022 UFO Challenge.  This quilt was the number to work on for November.

This weekend Mr. Sunshine is off to an adventure.  He is at a youth group retreat with an awesome local college group called Young Life.  He's been away from home before.  This should just be another fun, hopfully spiritual adventure.



Austin & Owen below--ready for the cold


Yes, it's only a picture of a bus full of kids ready to go on a fun, spiritual adventure.  But it's MY BABY!  (my 15 year old baby that I am so proud of how independent he is becoming.). I told him that if they stop at McDonalds not to purchase food for the whole bus on the his McDonalds app.  LOL.  I can't wait to hear all about it.







7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Be Positive looks wonderful, Kathy! I love the quilting and also your red binding. Makes me think maybe my Dancing Plusses need a red binding, too. Hope Owen has a wonderful time at his retreat!

Jenny said...

Your Plus quilt looks wonderful, such a great finish. Just imagine all the fun a bus load of boys will have!

Needled Mom said...

The finished quilt looks fabulous. I love that Marmalade design I’ll bet there will be lots of fun had by Owen and the gang.

Vireya said...

Lovely finish, congratulations!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a special adventure for Owen! Our city got walloped with snow as was on the news. The funny thing, I am on the northern border of the city and we got about 18" at the most. My mother lives on the south side of the city about 15 miles away and got 70". The lake effect snow bands are very weird. I love that quilt- I would love to make one if I could ever get it in the line.

patty a. said...

Be Positive turned out amazing! I hope Owen has fun at his retreat and everyone stays warm.

Sandy Panagos said...

Be Positive is wonderful. Love the scrappy background!