Sunday, November 13, 2022

Tessilating Cat Table Topper Complete

I finished this table topper already!  I started it on 10/30/22.

It measures 30" x 30".  I LOVE the colors for fall.  I was actually playing around with my Snail Trail die from Accuquilt.  A while back I purchased a pattern on Etsy from MaGalinaLatvia for a super reasonable digital price of $3.12 here.  I'm an Accuquilt girl.  I don't like to spend time rotary cutting unusual-sized (to me) sizes of blocks.  The pattern didn't really match (dimension/block size wise) my new die.  I have a little girl quilt in mind for the die eventually.  So I played with it and re-designed the idea into this.  Now when I am ready to make that little girl quilt, I have most of the block dimensions worked out.

I quilted it with a design from Urban Elementz called Marmalade.  I had enough of the fabric seen on the backing for an inner border, backing, and binding.  I don't usually coordinate quilts like this because I'm usually scrappy.  Because it is small, I had enough.  I am so pleased with this little finish!  

I'm also super pleased how working on one dedicated project each Sunday morning before church gets me great results.  My WIP list continues to come down.  The next project I will be working on each Sunday until it is complete is another CAT creation.


I only made three purple blocks of the Cheddar Jack cat block back in January of 2017.  The Cheddar Jack block pattern is a FREE pattern at Mama Spark's World here.  Her tutorial and instructions are awesome.  

I had background fabric strips left over from the cat table topper at the top of this post.  I sewed them the 9" (finished) blocks together and framed it with that.  I bet you can't wait to see what I do next.  Stay tuned!  I'll post more progress on this little quilt next Sunday.




4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such fun patterns. I hate the cutting out part of quilting. I really should look into one of those cutters. Thanks for that link...I'm off to check it out. Happy continued stitching and getting your UFO's, etc. done.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the tabletopper. My cat is the light buff one. He is slowly dying and wasting away. He is not in pain, but still lovey, but it breaks my heart as I have had him for 13 years and he is my sewing room buddy.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

The cat tails snail trails is marvelous! Someone is going to be over the moon for it.

Jasmine said...

This is super cute! You are getting so much finished.