Saturday, October 29, 2022

Blue Schoolhouse Quilt -- An RSC22 Finish

 I'm excited to announce that my blue schoolhouse quilt is complete.  


Usually my quilts are super scrappy.  I'm really happy with this one.  I used the same fabric for the cornerstones, border, binding, and even the strip down the back.


It measures 45" by 57".  I love this size for babies.


At one point during the making of this quilt I made all of the houses incorrectly.  I had the white line that was below the roof at the bottom of the house instead of the top.  I'm so glad someone pointed it out on my blog an I went back and fixed all of them.


I quilted it using a design by Urban Elementz called Halo.  It's a fun texture.  I do need more practice on this one.  I see several quilts in my future using it.  Circles are starting to be more fun for me to quilt.


I'm always happy to knock another off the list.  I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME




7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love this quilt, it's so pretty! You need to make a full size quilt for yourself now. Happy stitching!

Sara said...

Just perfect. I love this one, and I'm sure the recipient will too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That turned out just great, Kathy! I love scrappy quilts so much, but sometimes it's fun to make one with more controlled colors and fabrics. Your schoolhouse quilt is beautiful!

Jenny said...

You will be pleased you fixed the blocks before quilting. It's a very pretty quilt indeed.

Nancy said...

This is a great quilt! It has a sweet, old-fashioned feel about it. I'm sure it was some trouble and took some time to unstitch and restitch the sections but it looks great now!

Cathy said...

I remember that “missssnake” you made reversing that blue and white area in the schoolhouses. But wow, what a super finish!!! And the quilting is just perfect for it!

Anonymous said...

adidas yeezy
fear of god essentials
adidas yeezy
yeezy
kd 12