Sunday, November 6, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

Today finds me adding a blank label to the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  Yes, that means it's close to a finish!  


This quilt was hand stitched by a someone's great grandmother.  She has asked me to finish the quilt for her.  She will fill in all the information onto the blank lable after I return it to her.

Oh, back on my birthday in August, I asked my sister-in-law to get me these Magic Pins.  She always asks what I want and I know what I'm getting vs. getting me something I won't wear or use.  I absolutely LOVE them.  Yes, I have tons of pins.  But there is something about the grip of these, the sharpness, and the fact that I can IRON OVER THEM that I just love.  I normally wouldn't rant and rave about how much I love a little container of pins, but I am.  They are not that expensive, but I actually feel that they are a luxury item for me.  The bonus is that I think about my sister-in-law and how sweet she is when I use them.  She also got me the magnetic pin holder as well.  Fancy pin cushions are cute.  I'm a fan of function.

Oh we are having BEAUTIFUL Ohio weather this weekend.  Last weekend it was starting to get cold and I was in fear that longarm quilting season would come to a close earlier than usual.  I even had a few skips here and there on my machine (the head of the machine gets cold and the stitch regulator doesn't work well in the cold.) I feel a longarm quilting marathon coming!  Stay tuned!!!  This is exciting.

I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching


6 comments:

CathieJ said...

Those pins sound great. I like when family asks what I want. I too would rather a gift that I wouldn't necessarily splurge on for myself, but that I really want. How nice that you did the quilting for someone else. I hope the weather holds for the longarm quilting session. Have a great week.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Maybe I should give those pins a try. They seemed gimmicky to me. Hope the weather holds so you can get more quilting done. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those pins do sound handy! I should look for some, too. Your SIL sounds like a gem! Happy stitching today!

Linda said...

The magic pins sound great. We are having amazing weather too, will take it for as long as it wants to stick around.

Karrin Hurd said...

I haven't tried those pins, but I think I need them! Happy stitching!

Jenny said...

I've never seen pins like that. Theres nothing wrong with being so thrilled with your lovely pin gift, I'm rather fond of my favourite bodkin which I use to sew up my knitting! I think its wonderful that little things make us happy.