Thursday, November 17, 2022

Star Surround Orphan Block Table Topper -- Complete

 I completed this little table topper today.


It measures 23" square.  I quilted it with my straight-line "organic" quilting on the longarm.  I meant to finish this piece a long time ago.  It was a leftover block from the Star Surround QA at Happy Quilting in 2013.  I was experimenting with different sized blocks, and this orphan block was born.

This is the original quilt that was finished in 2014.




The binding and the backing are the same.  From the front I don't think you can tell that the fabric is an Easter design.  The colors are fun and brighter in real life.



3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Nice little table topper. It doesn't matter what the backing is, who looks at the back anyway? Happy stitching!

patty a. said...

Wow! Another project done! That backing fabric is cute! The quilt you made out of this same block is stunning!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your orphan block looks fabulous as a little quilt, Kathy and the large quilt is a beauty as well. You have given me an idea for using up some of my orphan blocks. Thank you. Have a very lovely weekend.