Earlier this week I had the urge to work on my plus quilt blocks. Here they are all on the bed. I will be working on these today.
Friday, December 31, 2021
Thursday, December 30, 2021
The weather in Ohio has been mild. It's in the mid 40's today. I snuck up to the house where the longarm is and loaded these TWO small quilts on the frame. They fit together perfectly. I did not turn on the heat.
As I look back through my blog posts for the year, I did have some stunning finishes. Here they are:
1. Go Four It finished 1/28/21 -- definitely one of my favorites and on our bed right now.
2. Winter Blues (in Pink) Finished 1/29/21
3. January Table Scraps Challenge, finished 1/30/21
4. Charity Crib Quilt, finished 2/5/21 (found top in a bag of scraps that were given to me).
5. Charity Crib Patchwork Quilt, completed 2.12.21 (another top found in scraps given to me)
6. Fortune Teller, completed 2.19.21
7. February Table Scraps Challenge, finished 2.26.21
8. Churn Dash, Finished 3/5/21
9. Hot Mess Table Topper finished 3.10.21
10. Sand Castles, (a Bonnie Hunter design), finished 3.12.21
11. Citrus Quilt, finished 3/23/21
12. March Table Scraps Challenge, finished 3/27/21
13. The Easter Table Topper, finished 3/29/21
14. The Santa Tree Skirt, finished 3/31/21
15. Patriotic Folk Animals, finished 4/2/21
16. Soul Searching, finished 4/14/21
17. April Table Scraps Challenge, finished 4/24/21
18. May Table Topper Challenge (Basket Block) finished while recovering from Covid - 5/28/21
19. Owl's Well That Ends Well, finished 7/25/21
20. Scrap Crystals, (a Bonnie Hunter design) finished 8/31/21
21. Bricks & Stepping Stones, (a Bonnie Hunter design), finished 9/30/21
22. Veggie Patch Quilt, (a Katie Mae Quilts design) finished 10/28/21
23. October Table Scraps Challenge, (bowl cozy) finished 10/29/21
24. Happy Little Accident, finished 11/5/21
25. Botanical, finished 11/29/21
26. Orphan Block Table Topper, finished 11/30/21
27. Slabs with White Rectangle, finished 21/21/21
Wow, I didn't realize I had that many finishes for 2021. It was fun to scroll down memory lane and see all the progress made this year. I also noticed that I some of my finishes were motivated by the OMG (One Monthly Goal) challenge at Elm Street Quilts. Many of my projects were motivated by the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) at SoScrappy. Other smaller projects I was inspired to finish were because of Joy's Table Scraps Challenge at The Joyful Quilter.
Thank you to all who comment and follow my quilting (and a few other) adventures. Wishing you all a heartfelt happy and healthy 2022. I am excited to see what the new year brings.
I'm linking up at Wendy's Quilts and More for the Peacock Party.
Wednesday, December 29, 2021
Here we go... the last WIP Wednesday of 2021...
I finished piecing the Cabins by the Lake quilt (a Fons & Porter pattern.)
Tuesday, December 28, 2021
When I finished putting together the Cabins by the Lake quilt I didn't just take the scraps and wad them up in a baggie and throw them in a bin. That's what usually happens. Because they were flannel and a collection, I cut as many 2.5" squares that I could and made this cute little project:
Monday, December 27, 2021
I'm linking up at Cheryl Brickey's blog, Meadow Mist Designs for the Best of 2021 Linky Party. Here are my five personal favorite quilt finishes this year in no particular order:
1. Veggie Patch Quilt, (a Katie Mae Quilts design) finished 10/28/21
2. Go Four It finished 1/28/21 -- definitely one of my favorites and on our bed right now.
3. Sand Castles, (a Bonnie Hunter design), finished 3.12.21
4. The Santa Tree Skirt, finished 3/31/21
5. Scrap Crystals, (a Bonnie Hunter design) finished 8/31/21
Wow, that was really hard to pick only five favorites. Check back on 12/30 to see all of my 27 finishes this year... maybe 28. Stay tuned!
Although I have a big list of WIPS that I post on most Wednesdays, here are a few I'd like to finish in 2022. Several of them are "low hanging fruit" (closer to the finish than others on my WIP list).
1 & 2 Box Kite (Bonnie Hunter design); started March, 2017
3 Gobble, Gobble (Lori Holt pattern); started in February, 2021
4 Pumpkins & The Beanstalk (2nd one) (by Fig Tree & Co.); started in 2018
5 GO! ABC Quilt (Accuquilt pattern); started January, 2021
6 Stay Centered (Shiela Van Der Linden design on APQS site); started January, 2021
7 Cabins by the Lake (Fons & Porter pattern); started October, 2014 but got serious in 2021
8 Unity Quilt (Bonnie Hunter design); started April, 2020
9 Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter design); started in November, 2018
10 Plus Blocks; started February, 2017?
11 Full Stop (designed by Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC21), started 2021
12 Maroon Sampler Quilt (combined QA blocks); started in 2013