Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Midweek Makers 11.30.22

Only one item was completed this week.  This is still FORWARD progress!

The dresser scarf that my Grandma was working on during the time she passed away in the 1970's is now complete.  I know she would be happy and proud that it was completed.  Then she would ask me why I did it in those colors because they were supposed to be grapes.  LOL.

 

I'll be working on getting something together for my sew-to-go bag.  So far, these gifted Grandma's Flower Garden flowers are catching my interest.

I have decided to NOT start the Bonnie Hunter mystery this year.  I have enough projects for now.  I will be printing all the instructions and saving them.  I will also be following along with all of the progress of others.  

I went to the knee doctor this morning.  I see the surgeon in two weeks.  I expect a simple out-patient knee procedure in January or February.


I'm linking up with Susan for Midweek Makers here.

35 Items remain on the WIP list. (I've had over 90 in the past!). This is PROGRESS!!!

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  HST Three, Six, Nine Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle (one block and border to go)
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7. Little Houses (2.5" blocks) 
 8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA 9.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
10.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
11.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
12.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
13.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks 
14.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
15.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019  

 Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
9.  Rail Fence Blocks (started January 2021 as my leader/enders)
10.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
11.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt 
3.  Random Ohio Stars -- started January, 2022

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt

4 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The dresser scarf is just gorgeous, Kathy and even more special that you and your grandmother worked on it. I am sure she is smiling down from heaven admiring your work. Your grandmother flowers are looking great. Happy Wednesday

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Grapes come in lots of colors, yours are wonderful and your grammie would be very proud.

patty a. said...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your knee. My brother just had knee surgery on both his knees at the same time (it cheaper to do it that way) to fix his lack of cartilage that has worn away from years of running and playing tennis. The doctor told him his knees would hurt bad for a couple weeks after surgery, but then the pain would start to subside. He is doing well and is feeling better every day. He sent me a video of him walking and the difference in his walk is amazing! He was extremely knock-kneed, but now his legs are straight and he doesn't walk like an old man anymore!

CathieJ said...

That dresser scarf is so pretty. I am sorry that your knee is bothering you. I hope the procedure helps. I hear the creaking in my own knees, but as yet have very little pain. I am looking forward to following your next project.