Monday, November 14, 2022

Friend's Memory Quilt Complete

 I completed the longarm quilting on a friend's memory quilt this weekend.  



I quilted it with the design from Urban Elementz called Marmalade.  I did not quilt over the photos this time.  I did a general stipple around them.  They seemed to be more fragile and of different quality than the photos on her last memory quilt.  I felt I only had one chance to get the stitches right and did not want to have to rip them out more than once over a photo.


The fabrics seemed to be fleece.  Some were thicker than others and the quilting sunk into the fabric.  It was hard to see where I was on some of the squares.  Other squares show off the quilting.  This quilt marks the last quilt I will take in for others for 2022.  I need to get a few of my projects quilted.  It's getting colder.  I don't know how many quilting days I have left to spare.







3 comments:

patty a. said...

Good job getting that quilt done so fast! I think you made the correct decision about the stitching around those photos.

Jasmine said...

Yay for another completed quilt! It looks great.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This quilt is beautiful, Kathy. Fabulous job . Have a wonderful week.