Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Midweek Makers 11.16.22

I'm excited that it was another productive week.  I have been in longarm quilting mode.  Here's what happened:  

I finished the longarm quilting on the patchwork quilt that belongs to a friend and delivered it Monday.


I love this quilting design by Urban Elementz called Marmalade.  I think it makes this plain quilt really sparkle and shine.


I finished the little Snail Trail candle mat.  Here it is on my son's stand by his chair in the living room.  It's a little big for the stand, but it will do.


Speaking of snail trails...  I also finished this tessalating cat quilt!


Another quilt that I am using the Marmalade quilting design on is Be Positive.  This was a project that I started as an RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) in 2016.


I finished the longarm quilting on my friend's memory quilt and returned it to her on Sunday.


Here's the resque quilt that I quilted so fast last week that I didn't have time to take a photo.  It is in the "needs binding" group now.  My sister-in-law got it for free at a garage sale along with some other fabric.  We thought it was worthy of finishing.  I used straight line quilting on the longarm to quilt it.


I started stitching on this vintage dresser scarf.  This project was one that my grandmother did not finish.  She passed away in 1975.  It's deserves to be done.


I'm linking up with Susan for Midweek Makers here.

38 Items remain on the WIP list. (I've had over 90 in the past!). This is PROGRESS!!!

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  HST Three, Six, Nine Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle (one block and border to go)
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7. Little Houses (2.5" blocks) 
8.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
9.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
10.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
11.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
12.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
13.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks 
14.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
15.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019 
16.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA 

 Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
9.  Rail Fence Blocks (started January 2021 as my leader/enders)
10.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
11.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt 
3.  Random Ohio Stars -- started January, 2022

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Plus Quilt (Be Positive) started in 2016; quilt top completed 1.1.22 -- A November APQS UFO goal to quilt

Needs Binding
1.  Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
2.  FOUND sawtooth star block that I have been looking for (for a couple of YEARS!)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! You have been busy! Your quilting is beautiful. I totally adore the snail trail cat quilt.

patty a. said...

I like your recaps! You have been making a dent! Love that Be positive quilt. The scrappy goodness is fabulous! I'm glad you rescued that quilt. I can't help myself when it comes to saving a quilt or quilt top. That grape pattern on your grandmother's dresser scarf is beautiful. So many of those types of stitching never get finished. I am sure she would be so happy that you are finishing this.

Bonnie said...

Lots of great long arming getting done. I really like marmalade also. I'm putting it on my wish list -- maybe there are sales coming up. (I can dream, can't I?) You are really making progress on your projects. Maybe next year I should make a moral formal list of my UFOs. Are you on the Facebook group for the UFO challenge?