Sunday, November 20, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching 11.20.22

 I'm cruising along on putting stitches of floss into the dresser scarf that my grandma left behind in 1975.


I only have a few more leaves to stitch.  Hmmm.  Now that I look at it in this photo, I'm starting to think that they were supposed to be grapes and grape leaves.  My grandma only had some of the brown stitched when I found it.  She didn't have any purple floss in the tin.  I'm going to leave my design decision as is.

It's almost time to find another project for my sew-to-go bag.  That's exciting!!!


I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Kathy has been feeling a little under the weather.  Stop by to wish her well.

Slow Sunday Stitching


6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the embroidery is supposed to be on older projects. Happy stitching!

Kim said...

It is exciting you have nearly finished your grandma's dresser scarf and will soon start another pretty from your sew-to-go bag. Enjoy your stitching today.

CathieJ said...

Just pretend those are leaves and acorns. It may be they were meant to be grapes, but stitchers can make their own design decisions. I love that you are finishing this piece. Have a great week!

Linda said...

You have personalized the stitching.

Jenny said...

How lovely to be finishing your Grandma's cross stitch.

Quilter Kathy said...

Marvellous progress on your stitching and whatever the original pattern design was, or what your Grandma thought it was, you made it your own!