Saturday, October 1, 2022

RSC22 -- Two Crib Quilt Finishes

 I finished two RSC projects this week.

The first is the pink/orange/grey crib quilt


I quilted it using pink thread and the Urban Elements design called Dew Drops in the Garden.  It is backed with some pink flannel Tweety Bird fabric from my stash.  It measures 40" x 48.5".


Ironically the color for October is lime green.  I grabbed this piece out of the binding stach and had less than 3" left when I was finished with the binding.  I quickly trimmed it to a 1.5" square and tossed it into the 1.5" bin.  


I'm linking up at SoScrappy for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME

I'm also linking up to the party over at Patchwork & Quilts 123 here.

14 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great finishes!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such pretty quilts! The waffle blocks make a fun design, and lime green was perfect for the binding!

grammajudyb said...

Two great finishes Kathy! Tweety Bird on the back of the orange/pink/and gray quilt is perfect. And the waffle quilt is awesome!

Cathy said...

I absolutely love that Dewdrops quilt - the colors are just so stunning! And the Tweety Bird backing is whimsical (and hilarious!)

Ivani said...

Congrats on 2 beautiful finishes, Kathy!

Jenny said...

Two finishes, well done!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

two finishes...Awesome! love both the quilts!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finishes. Someone will love cuddling with these.

Linda In UK said...

Two lovely finishes, both so different and eye catching. Always satisfying when you use every last scrap of a piece of fabric - know the feeling!

maggie fellow said...

congrats on 2 great finishes- fun using octobers color as binding

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Hooray for two finishes! The first one is beautiful, bright and flaming, a perfect Fall quilt! The second one is fun and joyful, a pretty scrap pattern. Well done!
Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on two scraptastic finishes, Kathy!!!

patty a. said...

Two more finishes! Fantastic! They both turned out great!

Jasmine said...

Such cute finishes! I have an orange and pink quilt on my to do list for my daughter.