Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Chasing a Tuesday Squirrel

 This week I printed out the pattern from Canuck Quilter Designs for the Prairie Point Runner Setting.  The prairie points on Joanne's pumpkin runner really caught my eye on an Instagram post.

I've been seeing these two blocks in my scrap bin every time I dig for scraps in the little basket.


The stocking and the wreath were blocks that a bloggy friend, Julianne, sent to me with these reindeer blocks.  I finished this little charity quilt for Jack's Basket during the H2H drive in May of 2019.  But I still has these two little blocks left over.  What to do, what to do...


I decided to may a "Y" and spell "JOY" with them.  Now that I see the blocks, I should have just used white on white (WOW) scraps for the "Y" block.  But I do think it looks fine like it is all scrappy.  It shows the range between Julianne's blocks and my block I guess.


This adds a new project to my UFO list using orphan blocks.  The good news is that I have decided to NOT participate in the two quilt alongs that I posted about last week.  I'm only adding one to my WIP list instead of three.  Stay tuned.  This is just a table runner or wall hanging, not a huge project.



2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

How wonderful to turn those two blocks into that great message...I would not have thought of that. Love the reindeer too. I'm half afraid to look at any QAL's as I have a few things I want to finish before year's end and I am so easily influenced!

Teresa said...

Love the JOY runner. Also cute reindeer quilt