Sunday, October 9, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

More progress has been made on my Autumn Stamp Collection SAL at Pinker n' Punkin Quilting.  This little project makes me happy.


Here I am stitching at one of our son's favorite magnet fishing spots.  He calls it his "honey hole".  It seems to be our Friday-after-school-adventure.  It used to be a reward if he had a good week that we would do something special.  

Amazingly, he has adapted so well in high school after being a remote learner from 3/13/2020 to 8/17/2022.  He LOVES high school.  He knows the rules.  He usually follows the rules and does the typical teenage boy things (mostly pranks).  He doesn't even get into trouble!  I really think having that time at home and teaching him how to properly read, Google search, research, and take tests really made a difference.  During that time he also had to learn that he can (and will do the work himself instead of getting special help in the class.). He knows that the help is there, but he has to try on his own first.  In a strange way, Covid was a blessing in this situation.  He's still working on his social situations.  His group of friends at school is a little sparse.  BUT he knows that his friend group out of school in the other social events that we attended is strong.


Now that cooler (55 degree) weather is here, I have decided to try to stitch in front of the tv at night.  Then I remembered the reason why I don't stitch at night is because of the poor lighting and I can't see.  My stitches get all wonky.  I ended up getting this LED Floor Lamp on Amazon.  Happy, happy.  It was worth the little $63 (with tax) splurge.


It sure beats trying to sew like this:


Until next week, my friends...

I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm glad your son is doing so well in school, high school can be so awkward! Good lighting is so important for handwork, it's good that you found something that helps. Happy stitching!

Ivani said...

Your Autumn stamp SAL is comming along very well, The led light sure will help a lot.
Glad to know your son is doing great in school and is able to enjoy adventures after school.
Happy slow stitching, Kathy

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy to hear your son is doing so well in high school!
I laughed out loud at that photo of you stitching in the dark... been there, done that! Hope the new light helps!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful stitching, and so happy to hear your son is doing so well! I have crappy light too, but have a small Ott light I can swing into place. Happy stitching!

CathieJ said...

It sounds like your son is doing quite well in high school. Heck, I was a major introvert in school and had only one or two friends. He will make his way in life with or without a large friend group.

CathieJ said...

By the way, I forgot to tell you that your stitching is looking great. I find stitching at night difficult too.

patty a. said...

It is great Owen is doing so well in high school. You sure have taught him well when he was at home and that is paying off! Good job Kathy! I can't imagine trying to stitch like you were!