Sunday, October 30, 2022

New Sunday Morning Project -- Patchwork Cats

 The next project I will be working on each Sunday until completion is this Patchwork Cats table topper.


I have saved a photo like this on one of my Pinterest boards so, so long ago.  Then I found and purchased a pattern on Etsy from MaGalinaLatvia for a super reasonable digital price of $3.12 here.

Although I purchased the pattern on Etsy, I realized that I am an Accuquilt girl and not always a rotary cutter girl.  I kept the main idea and mostly the color combinations an then alterned the pattern to work with my Accuquilt dies on hand.  

I wanted to play around with that Snail Trail die that I recently purchased at a great discount on the Accuquilt site.  I have learned now that I need to adjust my seam adjustment to make it an 8.5" unfinished size.  Mine ended up being 8.25".  I also changed the corner pieces because I messed up my quilt math.  But again I made it work for me.  I will be adding a small inner border and then another border to finish this flimsy to be used on our kitchen table.  I just LOVE these colors of scraps found easily in my stash.

I'm not sure how it will be quilted just yet.  Time will tell.  Add one item to my long... but getting shorter every month... WIP list.  I really do enjoy working on a specific project every Sunday morning before church.  I keep in on a special shelf in a special bin right in my sewing machine/computer area.


4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a great idea for your die! Love the cats.

patty a. said...

That will be a cute table topper. Seems like there would be a lot of liberty to make it wider or add a border.

Cathy said...

Great topper, Kathy. I have an Accuquilt die for the Storm at Sea block. I would like to get the Snails Trail die because I really want to combine those two blocks into one quilt. You’ve probably seen pix online of what I mean. Do you know if the sizes are compatible?

Jasmine said...

Super cute! I loved using the AccuQuilt when I made snail trail blocks.