Tuesday, October 18, 2022

October OMG Is Complete

I have finished the t-shirt quilt that I have been working on for a person that lives out of state.  She and her sister put this quilt top together for her son that graduated in 2020.  It was my one main goal to finish this quilt for her by the end of the month. 


Glad I had a chance to take a photo of it BEFORE IT SNOWS.  We are supposed to get some Ohio snow tomorrow morning.  We shall see.  Right now it's windy.


The backing is a solid royal blue.  I need to snip/bury the stray threads.  She requested that I quilt it with less fill.  I used my Circle Lord Egyptian Eye board and just used every other groove.  It's not stiff, which is the effect she was going for.  You know how t-shirts quilts get with all that pelon in them...


I'll be linking up at Elm Street Quilts for the OMG Finishing Party.




3 comments:

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out wonderful! Good job! We had hail in Sharon Center, just north of Wadsworth, yesterday afternoon. There was a 16 mph wind in my face when I went for my lunch time walk yesterday. The rain spit a little, but I could see some blue sky coming so I stuck it out. The hailstorm happened after my walk. At least if it snows you know it won't last.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

A gorgeous finish with beautiful quilting, Kathy.

Jasmine said...

This looks great! Congratulations on meeting your October goal so early.