Monday, October 17, 2022

Monday Making -- T-Shirt Quilt

I'm moving this t-shirt quilt (that belongs to someone else) forward today.  It is finally quilted.  This is one of the blocks on the quilt.  The owner requested that the quilt be quilted with a "light fill".  I used my Circle Lord Egyptian Eye giant template board and used every other groove.


The backing fabric she gave me is a royal blue.  It seems to pick up every piece of lint in the area.

On to making the binding.  It is the same royal blue fabric as the backing.


I am also going to attach a blank label (per the owner's request).  She wanted an embroidered one but the rubber grommet inside my machine doesn't hold that part of the stitching anymore.  I don't really use the embroidery that much on this machine.  She can hand write her message on the blank label.

Here's what the t-shirt quilt looked like before it was quilted:


UPDATE:  I finished the stitching of the binding Sunday night.  I have to work today and didn't have a chance to take pictures of it in the dark last night.  Now I just need to hand stitch the label and take care of a few stray stitches and strings and it will be a FINISHED PROJECT.  Stay tuned for pics later this week!

I'm linking up for Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.


 

1 comment:

patty a. said...

The Bob Ross t-shirt is so funny! Good for you that this is almost done. The quilting does look great. It will feel good to cross another one off the list!