Saturday, January 23, 2021

RSC21 -- Pink

 I made a pieced PINK back for my Winter Blues in Pink baby quilt.  I just used three large pieces in the pink tote.  I hope you get to see the back when I show a finished quilt next week.  For now I'll show it loaded on the frame.  I'm thrilled that this quilt progressed so fast.  


The pattern is called Winter Blues.  It is by Bonnie Hunter.  I started out using it as a leader/ender project for 2021.  I liked it so much I just kept going.  What a great scrap pattern!!!

I am quilting it with one of my favorite Circle Lord giant templates -- Swirls.

I loaded it a little differently than I do most quilts.  Because of the border and the smaller size of the quilt I decided to "float the top".  This means that I am not attaching the quilt top to the top bar like I usually do.  I like to quilt things that are nice and taut and flat.  So far so good.  


You can see I'm using two pieces of batting.  So far the quilt is laying nice and flat and even.  The photo above shows that it is not attached to the top roller.  It is not being stretched tightly.

For some reason I'm always having fun with taking photos of our son while he's sleeping while I'm driving.  (Don't worry, I take the photos at a safe spot.)  It's a little game to us.  Maybe someday I'll get him a photo book with them or something.  The fact is that he just can't keep up with old mom.  


I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC21.







16 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I Can't wait to see the finished quilt, it looks lovely! There is always something sweet about seeing our children napping even when they're teenagers. Happy stitching!

maggie fellow said...

your pink is so pretty

Deb A said...

Such a pretty quilt! Love the sleeping photo =)

scraphappy said...

That pink quilt did come together SO fast. The quilting looks fabulous. Such a cute sleeping boy. I used to do that all the time when mine were small. They can sleep almost anywhere!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I always float my top. I have this tape ruler that centers in the middle that is attached to the sides of the longarm by velcro. Every time I move the quilt and baste the sides, it gets centered by the tape so both sides from the middle are equal. Works for me.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW pretty, Kathy!! The Swirls board is perfect for it (and I always float my quilt tops.)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pink Winter Blues is so pretty, Kathy! I love the pops of other color throughout the quilt, too. You'll have it finished in no time. Looks like your boy can get comfy for a snooze just about anywhere!

Sue said...

I have been intrigued by Bonnie's pattern & I LOVE that you did it in pink. So cute! I feel like it's a quilt pattern in my future. Maybe in a different color?

Cathy said...

Sweet quilt! I don't like to piece backings but I do sometimes because I think they are fun. Looking forward to seeing yours.

A photo book of sleeping photos would be a wonderful idea! ;-)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Love the swirly quilting!

Sheri said...

That's really pretty! I love when getting scrappy it turns out fabulous!

gayle said...

Winter Blues sure looks pretty in pink! I love that it's a runaway leader/ender!

sue s said...

Wow, you really did work fast on this! It's looking great and I love seeing the pattern in other colors.

patty a. said...

The quilt is so pretty! Owen sound asleep is so sweet! An picture album of him asleep photos would be so funny.

Susie H said...

Looking forward to next week and a FINISH!! I think that's a great idea: make a book of these pictures. He'll probably never admit it but secretly he'll treasure it. Haha!

Mussen said...

Hello
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
email: carlose78910@gmail.com