Friday, October 21, 2022

An Unexpected Finish

Because I liked my little JOY table topper made from orphan blocks in the wrong scrap basket, I put these plus blocks left over from my Be Positive quilt.  Now they are a finished little table topper.  It's not that exciting, but it's done.  It will most likely end up on one of my son's dressers in his room.


It measures 14.75" x 17.5". Of course I had a scrap piece of batting and a scrap piece of backing that fit it perfectly.  I also had a piece of binding in the binding bin that worked.  When finished I only had 4" of that binding left.  I longarm quilted it with the Halo design from Urban Elements.  That design is really starting to grow on me.  I like seeing the neat circles.  

Here's the back: 


I'm linking up at Wendy's Quilts and More for the Peacock Party.  Check out all the cool stuff Wendy bought this week -- Jen Kingwell Quilt Recipe book, sparkly thread, fabric, bag patterns and more!


Linking up this finish at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

A finish is a finish! Your son will enjoy something new for his room, happy stitching!

Ivani said...

Great use of orphan plus blocks, Kathy.

Jasmine said...

Great job using up what you had to make this darling finish. I love it when you have just the right amount to finish something. I always think that it was just meant to be.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those leftover blocks and you found a great use for them, Kathy!!