Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Planting Some Seeds

We have had some beautiful fall weather.  I finished planting some seeds given to me by a dear friend.  I post pics like this in my blog so that I can refer back to them in the spring when things start to grow.


Around the first three trees on the west part of our property are (south tree first):

S1 -- Umbrella plant and pink Columbine

S2 -- Black Hollyhock and Orange Poppy

S3 -- Orange Glory and Obedience Plant

Below is the lilac I picked in our yard on 10/21/22.  It smells beautiful.  It's one of my favorites.



RIP to my beautiful rooster, Wiggles.  He was the best.  I left him out to free-range this weekend.  Fifteen minutes later my son called me to tell me that Wiggles was dead.  There were no marks on him or feathers missing.  He was right by the front porch.  My thoughts are that a chicken hawk swooped down and got him in the head and then headed to the trees to wait to see if it was safe to eat his head.  Poor Wiggles!  Here's a photo of him in the spring.  He was such a gentle rooster.  



1 comment:

patty a. said...

I am so sorry about Wiggles.