Wednesday, October 12, 2022

WIP Wednesday 10.12.22

A couple more projects moved down on the list this week.

I'm happy to report that I completed the School House quilt top in light blue.  I started working on this project in September, 2022.  



I also moved another RSC project into the flimsy stage.  This quilt is called Random Ohio Stars.  This is a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's blog.  You can find it here.


Both of the above quilts will sit on the to-be-quilted pile for a little while because I have two quilts with deadlines that need to be returned to their owners.  One of those deadline quilts have made it on the frame.


I added a project using a couple of orphan blocks from the scap basket to my WIP list.  This little project will be a table runner or wall hanging.  I just LOVE the Prairie Point Runner Setting design by Canuck Quilter Designs.  I'm not a pro at prairie points, but they did catch my eye on Instagram this week on her pumpkin runner.


I added more stitches to my Autumn Stamp Collection SAL at Pinker n' Punkin Quilting. 


I found some orphan plus blocks in the scrap bin and threw them together.


42 Items remain on the WIP list. (I've had over 90 in the past!). This is PROGRESS!!!

I'm linking up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers 353.

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  HST Three, Six, Nine Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  Autumn Stamp Collection SAL @ Pinker n Punkin Quilting, started August 2022
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14.  Rail Fence Blocks (started January 2021 as my leader/enders)
15.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019  
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Little Houses (2.5" blocks)

 Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
9.  "JOY" Prairie Point Runner Setting runner or wall hanging started 10/12/22 from orphan blocks

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Random Ohio Stars -- started January, 2022
4.  School House Quilt (light blue) -- startred September, 2022

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Plus Quilt (Be Positive) started in 2016; quilt top completed 1.1.22
3.  Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4.  T-shirt Quilt for a 2020 graduate
5.  Vintage Grandma's Flower Garden Quilt
6.  Orphan Plus Blocks table topper

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I LOVE your schoolhouse quilt, such pretty blues! Happy stitching!

Teresa said...

I have always wanted to make a school house quilt. At age 72, I have so many quilts on my bucket list that I will need 30 more years to complete. Your blue schoolhouse is pretty.


Vicki in MN said...

Nice job on getting the school houses to flimsy stage already! I finally finished my Autumn SAL but haven't blogged it yet.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful School House Quilt!
and the Random Ohio Stars ( I think thats what you called it) is awesome!

patty a. said...

Congratulations on getting the schoolhouse blocks into a top! That is a big accomplishment!

Susan said...

Love your Ohio Stars!