Saturday, October 22, 2022

RSC22 -- Still working towards a finish on blue

I was supposed to be quiting a vintage Flower Garden quilt for a lady out of state.  I decided to bump another one of my RSC projects up in line to be longarm quilted.  My blue schoolhouse quilt is on the frame!  I just adore this little crib quilt!  Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished this week as well.


I originally planned to quilt this with my Baptist Fan board, but since I had the Halo design by Urban Elements already set up from the little quilt above (and my JOY table topper) I decided that it would look ok on this quilt as well.  I used a light blue thread for the quilting that perfectly matched the backing.


I finished this little quilt made of RSC plus orphan blocks.  Hopefully I'm into "finishing mode" of some of my RSC projects.  You can read more about it here.


I'm linking up at Angela's blog for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME

I'm also linking up to the party over at Patchwork & Quilts #126 here.

11 comments:

Ivani said...

Blue schoolhouse crib quilt is lovely, Kathy and the quilinting looks perfect for it.

Sara said...

The blue schoolhouse crib is so perfect. I love it. I'm working on a UFO currently that has blue schoolhouses and green trees. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

Deb A said...

I love that blue schoolhouse quilt! So adorable.

grammajudyb said...

I think the quilting on the blue school houses is just right. What a cute baby quilt.

Cathy said...

I just love that traditional school house block. Looks rather vintage.

Jenny said...

Your school house quilt is lovely. Always great to use up some extra blocks too.

Needled Mom said...

That is such a sweet quilt in the blues.

Cathy said...

What a lovely quilt, Kathy! I think you were smart to bump that one up! I just started sewing up a blue and pastel simple patchwork quilt from last month. Where does the time go?!?

patty a. said...

You are making steady progress on reducing your to do lists. I looked at my door this morning where I hang pictures of my current to do items and I have gotten a lot done this year. The schoolhouse quilt is so cute and I bet you will have it done in no time.

Jasmine said...

That quilting design reminds me a little of wind. It is a great choice.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely little quilt, and your quilting is perfect! Pretty thread and beautiful swirls.
Thank you for sharing your work, and linking up!