Sunday, October 16, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

This week I added more stitches to my Autumn Stamp Collection SAL at Pinker n' Punkin Quilting.  This little project makes me so happy.  There are so many stitches out of place, but I just go with it and make it my own.


Actually, when I look at the post last week I realized how much I did accomplish on this project.  Substitute teaching for high school students vs. K-3 has it's advantages in my hand stitching world.  I finished the squirrel, the acorns, the pie, and the rest of the border.  I even started two of the other stamps.  Woohoo!

Last week I also showed some of my special lighting to help me stitch.  LOL.  This week found me waiting in the truck for the youth group video game night to finish as it was getting dark.  I had this light in the pocket storage of my truck.  It had a hook on it and I hung it on my glasses.  Hmmm.  Now I can almost justify some of those stray stitches.  


Until next week, my friends...

I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I think your stitchery looks very nice and I don't see any stray stitches. Happy stitching!

Ivani said...

Well I can't see any stray stitchers or stitches out of place there. It is lovely.
I am also very happy stitching this project.
Keep stitching and happy week, Kathy.

Little Penpen said...

Pinker has some of the cutest designs and she is so generous with them. Yours is coming along beautifully!

CathieJ said...

Your stitchery looks very pretty. As long as you don't point them out to anyone, no one will know about the mistakes. Enjoy your stitching.

grammajudyb said...

Your Autumn Stamps stitch is coming along so well. I'm aspiring to get mine done. I'm excited to get to some colorful stitches. Red or yellow. Today there will be apples.

Deb A said...

Your Autumn stamps are looking great. Love the light.

Linda said...

Great progress on your stitching.

Needled Mom said...

Cute stitchery. I can’t believe your glasses didn’t fall off with the weight of the light.

Karrin Hurd said...

I think your stitching looks beautiful!

patty a. said...

That is dedication hanging that light off your glasses! I try not to get upset when I get a stitch out of place. I try to make it work and I will be the only one who knows it is not exactly as the designer intended. You are close to getting this done so it is time to start thinking of what your next stitching project is going to be.

Jenny said...

Looks great! Stitching in the truck n the dark wouldn't have been easy, I imagine.