Wednesday, December 22, 2021

WIP Wednesday 12.22.21

 I had a finish this week!  I finished my Slabs with White Rectangle crib quilt.  It's from 2014 RSC!  You can read more about it here.

Another cabin was completed on Sunday for my Cabins by the Lake Quilt.  One more cabin to go!  This is a Fons & Porter pattern.

More leaders and enders were added to the box.  298 of 900 are now complete.  These are 3.5" blocks.

I started a NEW mini project.  I don't expect this one to stay on my WIP list for too long.  This is Glad Tidings.  Pam Budah had a mini sew along.  You can read about it here.

The gifts are wrapped.  The menu is planned.  Owen is content and has just a few fun virtual meetings and a party.  I was sewing along, singing my song... then all of a sudden my sewing needle broke.  I think I hit a seam but nothing out of the usual.  I have replaced another needle and it broke too.  I really hope it is just out of time, but when I push the needle down button it makes a whirling noise and then nothing happens.  I hope I didn't break something off in the head.  The repair person where I bought the machine is  out until the first of the year.  I called my old repair guy.  He doesn't really repair digital machines, but he told me he'd look at it.  Fingers crossed...

Meanwhile, this is the first time I ever used this heavy duty machine.  My sister-in-law gave it to me several years ago.  It lives in the cabinet below where my regular machine sits on a piece of cardboard on top.  It seems to stitch just fine.  I need to figure out where to line up the foot to get that perfect 1/4" seam and I think I'll be able to piece a few more blocks.  

I'm linking up at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers 311.

48 projects on my WIP list, but more and more are closer to the finish.  
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14.  Rail Fence Blocks 298/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) six house blocks complete.
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (2.5" blocks)
22.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019     
23.  Full Stop, started RSC21 (January,2021)
24.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017 (need 6 more blocks for 6 x 8 layout)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4.  GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
5.  Stay Centered started February, 2021

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021 (back made 11.15.21)
3.  Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4.  Pink Patchwork Quilt (CM) longarm quilting for a friend with Cosmos
5.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
6.  Glad Tidings (Pam Budah sew-along mini) (Started 12.18.21)

1 comment:

patty a. said...

Yeah another finish! It looks so cute on the reindeer!