Saturday, December 4, 2021

RSC21 -- Another Finished Flimsy!

I actually got an RSC21 project to the flimsy stage in 2021!  Here's Stay Centered:

Stay Centered is a free pattern on the APQS site.  You can find it here.  The pattern was designed by Sheila Van Der Linden.  It measures 60" x 70".  I arranged my rows a little differently than her design because I accidentally made three purple blocks instead of the two on the pattern.  Then I only made two orange blocks instead of the three on the pattern to balance it.  I believe I am going to leave the top as is and not add borders.  I will make a pieced back.  

Most of you that participate in the RSC know the feeling of emptying an RSC project bin!  Oh the JOY!!!

I'm linking with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC21.  I'm linking up to the Scrap Happy Saturday here. 

SoScrappy

But wait... there's more excitement.  I kept sewing this week.  I finished all the letters of my GO! ABCs throw quilt AND put on the borders.  Another RSC21 flimsy completed this week!!!  I'm so excited!


The GO! ABCs pattern is currently free on the Accuquilt site here.

I will most likely make pieced backs for both of these quilts.  I have a bin and a half of fabrics that can't be sorted by color because they just have too many colors on each fabric.  I will probably pull some big chunks of those and make a back for the alphabet quilt.




9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Way to go! Two flimsies in one week!!!! Congrats!

Sara said...

I really like how you laid out those top blocks. It gives it a nice modern look! And oh my - the ABC quilt is awesome!

Karen said...

It IS a good feeling to get projects moved along. Your two quilt tops are darlings.

Jenny said...

Well done! Two quilt tops finished this week, you must be so pleased and proud of your achievements.

Jennifer said...

LOVING both of these quilts; great finishes! and congrats. the rowey one (forget the name) is something I'm thinking about for some of my crumb blocks.

Needledmom said...

Both turned out so well. The colored blocks look great in that arrangement and the alphabet is fabulous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

TWO quilt tops in ONE week? Go, Kathy, go!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Well done! I do know the joy of emptying an RSC bin...such a great quilt too!

Lynn Dykstra said...

Kathy! I did not know about this alphabet until you mentioned you made it this year. What a great adaption of the pattern, so colorful. It is now on my to-do-alphabet list. Thank you!