Saturday, January 30, 2021

RSC21 -- Finishing a Fabulous Month of Pink Scraps! -- I LOVE Table Scraps!

I finished my Go Four It quilt on Thursday.  I am sooooo pleased with it.  We had a light dusting of snow.  I took it outside for a photo.  The sun was not shining so the splendor of the bright blocks don't show as well, but it is beautiful.


I quilted it with my Circle Lord giant template board called Swirls.  I pieced pieces of bright fabrics for the binding.  I love the binding!

I took the challenge that Joy suggested called Table Scraps.  I made this little table topper.  I just LOVE it!!!  It makes me happy just to walk past it.  It makes me happy to have a sweet little finish.  I think about several of my bloggy friends as I walk by and am thankful for all of them!  Come see all the fun table toppers on Joy's blog today, The Joyful Quilter, here.

I had a bunch of pink squares and strips left over from my Winter Blues (in pink) quilt.  I just happened to get my e-mail from Sew Can She with this cute heart pattern called Baby Heart Log Cabin Quilt.  I used 1.5" squares instead of the suggested size.  It turned out super cute.  You can find the pattern here.  Such a great idea to make something out of the little scraps left out after another project, Joy!  

It measures 18" square.  I quilted it with one of my block templates that had heart motifs in the center and then put a border around it and some squiggles.  It was good to practice some of the things I haven't done for a while on the longarm.

I'm almost embarrassed to show this, but this is real life...  Here's the before picture.


Here's the after photo.  Look... H A P P Y!!  The funny thing is that this is in the "old" house where we are living until we finish the other house (on the same property.)  This little stand that holds all our son's Wii remotes and console and the satellite receiver and dvd player is a little stand that I found on the road in a ditch.  I brought it home and used it along a sewing table long ago.  When I got my longarm there was no more need for the extra sewing table.  My husband sawed it half w hen we got our big tv for Christmas.  If it's going to be a temporary thing, it might as well be pretty.  :)


Yesterday I finished my Winter Blues -- In Pink.  This pattern is designed by Bonnie Hunter (I used a string strip border on this crib quilt vs. the braid she put on her full-sized quilt.)  You can read all about it here.  But here are a few pictures from yesterday.


I made a pieced back by using three pieces of pink from my scrap bin.


 Cathy that blogs at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting inspired me in (as she always does) to use up those scraps.  Check out her gorgeous rail fence quilt here.  She made 900 blocks here and there over a few years and ended up with a gorgeous quilt.  

I loved the idea of using up 1.5" strips of the color of the month for the RSC and started making them in 2021.  Here's the first 14 of 900...


I haven't made a quilt with a black background yet.  With a few big projects coming to a close, I am allowing myself to start a simple, new RSC project.  I expect this one to be a quilt top by the end of 2021.  I am making the GO! ABC quilt.  Each month I will about 3 letter blocks.  These are the four hearts in the corners of the quilt. 


I had to play with black scraps before I could start this little quilt.


It was a very productive month of pink for me.

You can get the GO! ABC pattern on the Accuquilt site here.

I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC21.

22 comments:

scraphappy said...

It WAS a very productive pink month for you! Congratulations on getting so much done. Have fun with your black backgrounds. I always love the look of the bright fabrics against the dark. The circles on the back of your pink quilt are so pretty!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very nice job with all the different projects! I love how you give credit on the patterns. I prefer your border over Bonnie's braid. Black is always a touch color for me- it has a tendency to suck all the other colors into a hole.

maggie fellow said...

that is a lot done for January - great job - The pink bonnie quilt looks great

Kathy S. said...

I will try Bonnie's braid if I do a larger quilt. This little quilt was getting bigger than I thought it would be. But it's still the perfect size for a toddler.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely LOVE all three of the quilts you completed, Kathy!! There is no way to choose a favorite. Although... Your little Heart table topper is SEW sweet!! Thanks for linking up with the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love seeing all your pink finishes this month, Kathy! Go Four It is amazing! And the little pink heart topper is perfect for your table, too. You've had a great pink month!

grammajudyb said...

I love your little heart log cabin topper also. And, of course, your Winter Blues in Pink is fabulous. Looks like you had a productive month and the new year is a go!

Kirsten said...

Great set of pink projects. I like your table topper.

Deb A said...

You have had a very successful quilting month. Such pretty quilts in pink - I love that little heart one.

Jenny said...

I love your beautiful quilt lying in the snow, all those lovely pops of colour! Your winter Pinks is so pretty, and such a great idea to make rail fence blocks too each month, they will soon mount up month by month.

Britt said...

Im doing a version of your Go For It quilt in blues and greens, but I LOVE your version! I may have to use some of my (plentiful) scraps to make a similar one. All your projects turned out great!

Cathy said...

Oh, my goodness...you are a whirlwind of activity! You've made another quilt I just have bookmarked in a magazine (like Garden Party) but have never gotten around to making. I love it! And that little heart table topper is so darling.

karenbbsnow said...

Wow, so much scrappy goodness..!!! The first one is my favourite, but they're all gorgeous.

Susie H said...

Adorable table mat and from leftovers from Winter Pinks, which btw is a beautiful quilt itself! Go Four It is stunning. So Many Pieces!! The snowy backdrop was beautiful.

Kathy S. said...

I'm thinking of doing another with using neutrals as the little squares and dark blue for the others. I just started a new leader/ender, but that is definitely on my mind. Can't wait to see yours!

Angie said...

You have had a productive month! Loved seeing the completed Go Four It quilt and all your other pink scrappiness!

Kathy S. said...

Yeah!!! I can't wait to see your version of it. :)

Ivani said...

It was a great and beautiful pink month, very productive !

Sharon Kwilter said...

What beautiful projects. Well done.

Cathy Tomm said...

So much done this month. Love all the pink!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are GREAT finishess!!Go Four it is amazing!!! You will love having it around!! and the Winter Blues in Pink is wonderful!!

Mussen said...

Hello
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
email: carlose78910@gmail.com