Here's what happened this week:
I'm happy to show that I put the binding and label on The Citrus Quilt yesterday. These blocks were part of the Block Swap Adventure in 2011 and 2012. Each month I asked for a 12.5" (12" finished) block with orange, yellow, or orange and yellow fabrics. I gave no other instructions. I was new to swapping. I think the blocks went together great! It measures 47" x 63".
I longarm quilted it using yellow thread and a quilting design called Dewdrops in the Garden by Urban Elementz. I love the mixture of swirls, leaves, and circles. Yellow was the color of the month for the RSC21 in February. That is what inspired me to work on the blocks that have been sitting around for over nine years. I'm happy to cross another WIP off the list.
Everything was in my stash. I got the gently used striped sheet for free at a local church where Owen safely "shops" once in a while. There was a tiny hole in it, hence the orange slice near the label.
Here's a couple photos of the quilting. the one above sort of reminds me of a butterfly. It's a very simple design to follow. and went well with the muscle memory in my brain. I have a feeling I will be using it often because it is very versatile and quilts quickly.
I made my green blocks for the Stay Centered quilt. It is a free pattern that I got on the APQS website here. You can also see my Bricks & Stepping Stones (a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's site) patiently waiting on the shelf to the left for the green scrappy back to be made.
I picked this quilt up from a friend so that I could quilt it for her. I haven't had any ideas yet. She always wants an edge-to-edge design.
I loaded my Folk Art Animals quilt onto the frame on Monday. I haven't worked on it since. Today my son has FOUR virtual meetings. I have two phone appointments with potential new tutors. It doesn't look like I'll be quilting much today. I am sooooooo thankful that I could quilt through the winter months this year. It definitely made a difference in whittling down my WIP list.
I found a green dot fabric that I knew I would like for binding on some up-coming quilts. I decided to make a pile of binding while I watched a dvd on my computer. I watched Grandpa Wars with Robert DeNiro in it. It was pretty cute and family friendly.
I now stand at 56 projects on my WIP list.
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern from
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. RSC16 Folk Art Birds
7. 2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
9. Jelly Roll Rug
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM
11. Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12. Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13. Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)
14. Rail Fence Blocks 64/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15. Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021
16. Kite Girl (RSC14)
17. Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19. 2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21. Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22. Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23. Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24. Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26. Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27. Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28. Full Stop, started RSC21 (January)
29. Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
30. Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31. Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32. GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
33. Stay Centered started February, 2021
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2. Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
1. Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
2. Cruise blocks won from Libby
3. Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
4. Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
7. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1. Card Trick (pink and blue)
2. Hunter Green Star Quilt
3. Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4. Bricks and Stepping Stones, Bonnie Hunter Free Pattern started 3.2.21
Ready to Longarm
1. Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2. Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) 8/8/19 (on the longarm frame.)
3. Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19
4. 9-Patch Scrap Quilt (CM) received 3/19/21 to quilt for a friend
1. Santa Claus Tree Skirt
You are certainly cranking along. Love all the photos, to see your progress.
Enjoy seeing your quilts and congrats on getting so many completed. The folk art animals is so cute.
So much eye candy! You are productive!
Yeah! Another UFO done! Good job! You seem to be making progress on a lot of projects. That green dotted binding might look good on the green bricks quilt.
Yes! That's one of them. I have a tiny project that needs binding as well. It will be for a couple of quilts!
With four virtual meetings for Owen today, I hope to be productive during this time.
Thank you, Teresa. It's a fun quilt. I really like Americana things lately.
Congrats on finishing up your Citrus quilt, Kathy! I have to say, I was a little surprised by the photo. That's the brightest picture yet... LOVE it!!
Love that Citrus Quilt! Orange is such a fun, playful color!
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly
$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days
To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
golden goose sneakers
golden goose francy
nike sb dunk low
lebron james shoes
Post a Comment