Here we go... the last WIP Wednesday of 2021...
I finished piecing the Cabins by the Lake quilt (a Fons & Porter pattern.)
From the odd-shaped flannel scraps left over, I cut them into 2.5" squares and made this topper.
I did a blog post about my Five Favorite Finishes for 2021 here. Tune in Friday to see a complete list of all my finishes. I am so happy I took the time to put together the list. I feel I accomplished more than I gave my self credit in my mind.
328 of 900 rail fence blocks have been completed. And yes, I am still sewing with the vintage machine. The repair guy called and I picked up my machine only to have the belt come off before I made one stitch.
I put all of my Box Kite blocks together and decided to make two charity crib quilts from them. Box Kite is a Bonnie Hunter design.
I'm linking up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers 312.
50 projects on my WIP list, but more and more are closer to the finish.
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. RSC16 Folk Art Birds
7. 2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
9. Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM
11. Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12. Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13. Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14. Rail Fence Blocks 328/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15. Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16. Kite Girl (RSC14)
17. Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons Porter Magazine) six house blocks complete.
19. 2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21. Little Houses (2.5" blocks)
22. Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
23. Full Stop, started RSC21 (January,2021)
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
1. Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
2. Cruise blocks won from Libby
3. Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
4. Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
7. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1. Card Trick (pink and blue)
2. Hunter Green Star Quilt
3. Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4. GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
5. Stay Centered started February, 2021
Ready to Longarm
1. Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2. Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021 (back made 11.15.21)
3. Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4. Pink Patchwork Quilt (CM) longarm quilting for a friend with Cosmos
5. Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
6. Glad Tidings (Pam Budah sew-along mini) (Started 12.18.21)
7. Bonnie Hunter Box Kite 1 (crib quilt) March 2017
8. Bonnie Hunter Box Kite 2 (crib quilt) March 2017
9. Flannel Table Topper (pieced 12.27.21)