Monday, November 29, 2021

Botanical -- From Scrappy Improv Quilts

 Today I finished my Botanical quilt.  This fun pattern can be found in the book, Scrappy Improv Quilting.

I don't usually do improv quilts, but this one took me out of my comfort zone in a fun way.  I do plan to make a few more table toppers such as this from the book.  I will probably use larger neutrals so that it's not so "seamy".  It measures a nice 24" square.  I really like the darker neutral used as the binding.


I practiced a little improv quilting as well.

I'm linking up at Joy's blog for the Table Scraps Challenge.

2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge

This project originally started because of two other challenges I found while reading Joy's blog.  

The two were at The Constant Quilter.  You can see the November challenge results here.

The other challenge was The Monthly Mini Maker Baggie Challenge at Rogue Quilter.


This challenge started out by working from something I had sitting around in a bag:


The pieces were quite small.


I'm also linking up at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.




5 comments:

Sara said...

That is a really cute little quilt, and your quilting looks awesome in those leaves. Backgrounds made of neutral scraps really give the design some depth.

Nann said...

I like the leafy quilt with the many-pieced background!

patty a. said...

This quilt turned out beautiful! The quilting in the leaves looks great and adds to the overall wonderfulness of the piece!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad that you were inspired by information found on my blog, Kathy! Your version of Kelly's pattern turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing with the November 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!

Jane said...

Some improv background and some precise leaves on top- lovely! Jane