I started a new project that I hope won't be on my WIP list for long. It will get quilted as soon as it's warm enough in the longarm room. This is called From the Heart, which is a doll quilt sew-a-long with Pam Buda at Heartspun Quilts.
We got about 12.5" to 14" of snow. We had some fun outside.
I finished making the red HST sets for my Rainbow HST quilt. Ready for February color of the month.
I got FOUR backs ready/sewn during the FNSI (Friday Night Sew In.) I used large pieces from the red bin that is out because red is the color of the month for the RSC22.
1. I made a one-fabric back for Cabins by the Lake.
2. I made a red, pieced back for the string quilt.
3. I cut a little back for the new project I started this week -- Pam Buda doll quilt sew-a-long.
4. I found fabric for a back for Stay Centered.
Then on Saturday I made a back for GO! ABCs. Whew... that's a lot of scrappy backs!
I'm glad I got my sewing machine back from the repair shop. Hope the homemade grommet holds up.
I assembled all the sting blocks. Putting a border on this quilt is my next step. It's wonky. I'm going to live with that. This is one of the first string quilts I ever started. I did stitch the blocks on phone book pages, but removed the paper before I put them into blocks. Lesson learned...
I made a binding for at least four quilts. Each time I make binding, a 1.5" HST gets cut with the corner pieces. You can see what I mean here. They get sorted into their respective bins and become another new project. See how I just keep adding projects to the list?
48 Items remain on the WIP list.
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. RSC16 Folk Art Birds
7. Full Stop, started RSC21 (January,2021)
8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
9. Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM
11. Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12. Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13. Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14. Rail Fence Blocks 345/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15. Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16. Kite Girl (RSC14)
17. Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18. Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
19. 2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21. Little Houses (2.5" blocks)
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
1. Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
2. Cruise blocks won from Libby
3. Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
4. Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
7. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1. Card Trick (pink and blue)
2. Hunter Green Star Quilt
3. Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4. Plus Quilt (Be Positive) started in 2016; quilt top completed 1.1.22
Ready to Longarm
1. Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2. Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021 (back made 11.15.21)
3. Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4. Pink Patchwork Quilt (CM) longarm quilting for a friend with Cosmos
5. Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
6. Glad Tidings (Pam Budah sew-along mini) (Started 12.18.21)
7. From the Heart, Pam Budah doll quilt sew-along (started 1.21.22)
8. Stay Centered started February, 2021
9. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons Porter Magazine)
10.GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
I'm linking up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers. Come join the fun and inspiration!
You have gotten a lot prepped so those finishes will be coming like a wave!
congrats on piecing your backs! hope the long arm room warms up soon!
The first step to tackling those WIPs is finding them and making a list. You are well on your way!
Great list to start the year off with!
Post a Comment