Saturday, January 8, 2022

Red Saturday -- RSC22

 I decided to pull out an old project and continue working on it instead of starting a new RSC22 project.  This quilt is called Folk Art Birds.  This is what I have done so far.  

I did get out the red strips and hope to make four border blocks and a bird this month.  Finding the pattern that I had tucked away in the pile of inspiration was a big part of working on this quilt this week.  I'm happy I found it!  I made the above blocks during the RSC15 & RSC16.  It's time to work on it again.

I only made THREE rail fence blocks as leader/enders this week.  One is red... 331 of 900 3.5" complete.


I'm super happy I completed the two Box Kite crib quilts that I was working on during prior RSC years this week.  They have even been gifted to my nephew and his wife who are expecting twins in May.  You can read about the Box Kite quilts here.  Box Kite is a Bonnie Hunter design.

I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.IMAGE NAME


5 comments:

Raewyn said...

I am hoping to revisit older projects this year too, instead of starting too many new ones! Your birds are a fun block and a good way to use strips. Your Box kite quilts look great too - I'm sure they will be much loved by the new babies.

Julierose said...

those folk art birds are amazing, Kathy--good for you pulling out UFO's--I don't know why i find that so hard...but hoping to get back to sewing soon and doing just that...
Hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up and gifting those lovely RSC Box Kite quilts, Kathy!! Kudos on pulling out a UFO to work on this year. Always a good idea!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the Folk Art birds! Great project to pull out and work on this year. The twin quilts are so perfect for the twin babies coming!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The Folk Art birds looks fun. Adding another color is a super idea.