Friday, January 7, 2022

Box Kite Twin Quilts Finished

 I'm so excited to start off the year with these two crib quilt finishes.  The quilt pattern is called Box Kites. It is a Bonnie Hunter pattern.  


I started making Box Kite blocks when I was lucky enough to take a Bonnie Hunter workshop back in 2017.  I learned so much in that class!  I continued making blocks during the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC).  I decided to make two crib quilts instead of one big one when I found out my nephew's wife was having twins.

The quilts measure 30.5" x 41.5". I was happy how they fit onto a piece of backing fabric that I had in my stash.  I longarm quilted them with the Egyptian Eye design.  I used purple pieces from my stash for the bindings.  I also had enough scrap batting for them.  BONUS!


The quilts were delivered last night.  Brrr.  It was cold at 17 degrees.  After we got home snow covered the ground.  Babies aren't due until May.  That's off my list now too.

For those of you that are wondering... sometimes I mention on my blog that I have to go to the longarm room.  We live in the old green house in the first photo of this post.  It was the house that belonged to my husband's grandparents.  Our "new" house is still in the building process (please don't ask me when it will be finished.  It's a long story.) BUT, my longarm room is in that house.  See, I don't have to go far.  It's on the same property behind the house in which we live.  It has heat, but not all the rooms in the house are complete.  My husband built and designed EVERYTHING.  We did have someone do the brick and the concrete porch for us.  Other than that, my amazing husband did the rest with me as his sidekick.  

I'm linking up with:

  • Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @  Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished or Not Friday  Alycia Quilts
  • Sherry @  Powered by Quilting
  • Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More



  • 7 comments:

    Gretchen Weaver said...

    Two finishes the first week of January, how great! They are both lovely quilts, the quilting is very nice. Happy stitching! It was 4* here this morning when I got up, don't know what the wind chill factor is. Don't really want to know either.

    patty a. said...

    Good for you to get those quilt done. They turned out really cute!

    Needled Mom said...

    Those are fabulous and perfect for twins.

    Linda Swanekamp said...

    Congratulations on the finished quilts and getting them delivered.

    Jenny said...

    Two great finishes, and how exciting to have twins arriving in the family! You did a great job with these quilts, and it must feel good to have them completed and delivered nice and early.

    Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

    Fbaulous quilts!!!!
    and yay for getting them done before the babies arrived - that is a huge success!!!

    Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

    Perfect bright and cheerful gifts for new babies. Fabulous job!