Friday, January 21, 2022

Machine Repair Notes for the Record

 Sometimes I'm so glad that I blog because I have a record of things--at least as long as Blogger will allow me.  My old, faithful Husquavarna sewing machine has been at the repair guys house since before Christmas.  I got it back today.  He had a lot of cleaning to do.  All of this was packed in the bottom of the machine.  It's not the easiest to take apart and get to this area.  Honestly, I clean the lint out regularly with a brush from the bobbin case.  This is the lint that my brush must not reach.


The real problem was that the rubber grommet that keeps the motor of my machine straight is severely worn.  Because the motor sits a little crooked, the belt slips off.  My repair guy made a temporary grommet, but can't guarantee that it will hold up very long because it is not an original part.  For some reason only dealers can get this part.  He cannot get it.







Here's another photo of my longarm properly threaded.  Sometimes my brain goes goofy and I don't thread it correctly causing me to have all kinds of tension issues.  It's finicky like that...

Nolting 23XL treaded properly:


For some reason I don't always remember how to use the three holes above the tensioner.




2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Machines can be so picky! Hope the Husky holds up for a long time now.

Janet said...

I have a Nolting also. Mine is the Funquilter which is smaller than yours, but I love it!