Monday, January 31, 2022

Kathleen Tracy Valentine Mystery 2022

 This week I joined the group called Kathleen Tracy Quilts on Facebook. This was the pattern everybody seemed to be working on in the group.  I decided to join in on the fun and make one too.  All of the pieces in this quilt were cut with Accuquilt dies.  It went together rather quickly.


Don't you just love that border neutral with the snowy trees and the cardinals?  It definitely reminds me of the Ohio weather here right now.

I know it adds another project to my WIP list.  But this little piece only needs to get its turn on the longarm and a little binding (already made in the pink fairy frost fabric in the center.).  Hopefully this mini won't be a WIP too long.  It's perfect for Valentine's Day.

The real reason I was interested in joining the group is because one of my other WIPs is a Kathleen Tracy mystery and I need to make more blocks and find out the layout.  I found a photo of it from the group.  Mission accomplished.  Happy Monday.

It's the last day of January.  I'm going to finish playing with red scraps.  I liked making these hour glass blocks so much I'm going to start just one more RSC project before I put the red scraps away.  Stay tuned.I'm linking up at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

That blocks is so pretty, more of them would make a wonderful quilt! Happy stitching!

Kat Scribner said...

Yes, the border fabric is lovely. I do think this little piece deserves more rounds. It would make a lovely center.

patty a. said...

That is a cute piece and the border fabric is so cute! The guys here at the office said we could get pounded with up to a foot of snow this week. ugh! I hope the forecast is wrong!

Andee Neff said...

Love that mini! I also have some scraps (given to me) of that cute border fabric. It is perfect on there!

Sue said...

The border fabric is lovely on a very sweet quilt.

Needled Mom said...

That’s a beautiful block.