Saturday, January 1, 2022

Scrap Happy Saturday -- Happy New Year!

2022 is finally here.  Goodbye to 2021 for sure.  I stayed up until late so see it go.  I had time to sew all of my plus blocks together while I waited for the ball to drop so that I could go to bed.  I started sewing plus blocks back in 2014 as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC).


I really like that this quilt starts 2022 off with a positive vibe.  Remember to 

Be positive!

Another WIP bin has been emptied!!!  I'm so excited.  This quit is so long that I am going to leave it as is with no borders.  I will just need to make a pieced back, quilt, and bind.  I never really counted the blocks as I made them.  I just let them pile up.  Ironically I only have four plus blocks left over.  They will most likely be part of the pieced back.

I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC22.




14 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your plus quilt is lovely, a good project to finish sewing on New Year's Eve. Have a great stitching year in 2022!

Susie H said...

Beautiful finish. An empty bin means time to think about the next project to fill it. Yay!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Kathy, your rainbow plus top is beautiful! Great way to finish out the year. I agree, let's start the new year by being positive!

Sara said...

This one is really special. The scrappy background is fabulous and give it so much movement.

Deb A said...

Your plus blocks turned into a beautiful scrappy quilt! Positive vibes for 2022.

scraphappy said...

What a fun finish to start the new year! So many pretty fabrics all coming together beautifully.

karenbbsnow said...

Fun, scrappy and positive!! A great finish.

Lynn Dykstra said...

I love how this turned out. Great use of the brights with those fabulous neutrals.

Jenny said...

Your Plus quilt looks gorgeous, and your perseverance has paid off. I know you have been busy working on all sorts of projects in between times. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Beth in MN said...

Scrap quilts are the most fun. Your plus quilt is awesome & my squirrel mind wants to make one right now! LOL

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on quilting in the New Year! I really like how these blocks came together, Kathy. Happy Scrappy New Year!! Best of luck with the pieced backing, quilting, and finishing. I'll be looking forward to the big reveal!

Sandy Panagos said...

That turned out really pretty! Using such scrappy background prints made it such a fun top. What a great way to end the year.

Cathy said...

That’s a gorgeous looking quilt top! So cheerful and positive! You’ve really been cranking’ them out lately!

Andee Neff said...

I love your Be Positive quilt!