Thursday, January 27, 2022

Snow Day Squirrel

 Due to frigid temperatures (zero degrees F) we had a snow day from school today.  I decided to tidy up my sewing area.  I don't really like it when my 2.5" squares scrap bin is so full that the pieces get all wrinkled.  I decided to start sorting the Halloween colors out (purple, black, bright green, orange...). I am going to save them for a my Cheddar Jack project that has been on my WIP list for a while.


Then I went through the 2.5" strip bin and pulled out the pieces that were long enough to cut three 10.5" strips of the same fabric.  I will combine them with the 2.5" squares above to make waffle blocks.  This project has also been on my WIP list.  Ahhhhh.  Mindless sewing day after my chores are done.


I call this a Squirrel because I still haven't put together my OMG (Maroon Sampler Quilt).  I know in my heart it's not going to get quilted this month due to the cold temps.  I just didn't feel like working on it.   Maybe some other month.

Stay warm!




1 comment:

patty a. said...

It's good to work on that scrap bin before it turns into two or three bins - believe I know! My word of the year is scraps and even though I have made four this year, that is not enough to even make a dent in my scrap pile.