Sunday, January 31, 2021

February OMG -- Goal Setting -- Fortune Teller

 The last time I worked on these blocks (I think) was in August of 2019.  I sewed the blocks together, but I'm not sure if I took a picture.

This is my Fortune Teller Quilt.  The pattern for this quilt can be found in the book Sunday Morning Quilts.   It is written by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  I was lucky that I could get a copy from my local library.  I started this project by making a couple of fortune teller blocks in the color of the month as a RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) project back in 2014.

It's time to finish this quilt, so I am setting it to be my goal to finish it for my February, 2021, OMG (One Main Goal.)  I intend to give it to my friend's daughter that is graduating from high school this year.  Her party is in May.  I want to have this done so that I don't have to stress and rush when May comes.  Fingers crossed all goes well and it is completed.

I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts for the February OMG Goal Setting party here.




13 comments:

Shah Sazib said...

Another wonderful quilt you finished! Anyway, I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks for the tip. Most of my fabrics are those that are donated to me by others. I haven't purchased fabrics for ages. My new motto is "No fat quarters were cut in the making of this quilt." LOL.

Andee Neff said...

Pretty rainbow! It will make a great gift!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Excellent goal, Kathy, and an awesome quilt!! Best of luck on getting it done by the end of the month.

patty a. said...

I have full confidence that you can get this quilt done in February. It looks like all the blocks are made which had to be a big job. This will make a lovely graduation gift!

Kathy S. said...

It's a snow day today! Hope to get it loaded unless I find out it's that super fun wet, packing snow. Then it's snow play!

Kirsten said...

Such a fun quilt. I look forward to seeing your finish!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors make things pretty perky. You have done a marvelous job so far.

Kathy S. said...

I love the scrappy deliciousness of this quilt.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks, Andee. I think it's going to be a hit.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks, Linda. I love all the brights in this quilt.

Kathy S. said...

Me too, Kristen. I'm hoping to finish 21 in 2021.

Ivani said...

Your Fortune Teller Quilt is a beautiful RSC quilt.
Good luck on getting it done.