Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year! -- January OMG Goal

 Happy new year!  I'm excited I'm starting off this year with a big quilt top finish.  This is my Go Four It quilt.  I have used the blocks as part of the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) on Angela's blog, SoScrappy.  The Go Four It pattern can be found in the magazine AMERICAN PATCHWORK & QUILTING, April 2015.  I worked on this as a leader/ender project


If you look closely in the top left of the quilt one of the blocks was turned sideways.  My husband wants me to leave it like that.  I have already ripped it apart and will correct it.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pattern.  

My next step is to add a border and then make a pieced back.  I have already gathered some big prints/neutrals that will be used for the back.

I am linking up at Elm Street quilts for the January goal setting party here.  Set a goal; join the fun!


I have used the blocks as part of the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) on Angela's blog, SoScrappy.   I worked on this as a leader/ender project in June of 2017.  I made four patches at the end of each month using up the little 1.5" squares that were left over from other RSC projects.  

Many of the pieces were the ends of 1.5" strips from my Garden Party (design by Bonnie Hunter) quilt.  I was excited to finish Garden Party and gift it to my VERY dear friend for Christmas this year.  Here's a picture of it on her bed.  I know it is being loved and used and well appreciated.


I know some of you have seen this quilt last week on my blog, but I just have to show it off one more time.  It is really my all-time favorite quilt that i have made.  I had to set and re-set it as my OMG goal a few different times.  But atlas it is a finish!








5 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Go For it quilt is amazing, Kathy. I am looking forward to seeing it with its border and backing at the end of the month. What a wonderful leader /ender project. Happy New Year.

mangozz said...

Your Go Four It quilt is beautiful and I am glad I could see your Garden Party quilt again. I just love it. Was it made from scraps?

Teresa said...

Beautiful quilts. I love all the fabrics, colors and the design.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The Go four it quilt is a classical beauty and it is amazing it is made from scraps. The Garden Party quilt looks gorgeous on her bed- fits right in. Both quilts are just awesome quilts.

Nancy said...

Oh how I love your Go Four It. I love the subtle background colors with the bright diamonds/squares, and I especially love its scrappiness. Best wishes to meet your goal, Kathy. I know you'll get it done!