Wednesday, January 27, 2021

WIP Wednesday 1.27.21

It's been another productive week of quilting.

I finished the quilt top called Patriotic Folk Animals.  This was a project I picked to work on because it had applique and embroidery.  I carried it in my sew-to-go bag.  I made a back for it and it is ready for quilting.  It is in the book, AMERICANA QUILTS, by Sandy Bonsib.

I worked on quilting my Winter Blues (pattern by Bonnie Hunter) in pink.  It is completely longarm quilted and trimmed.  The binding is cut but not sewn together.


My new best friend is this space heater.  It heats the area quickly in the unfinished house so that the furnace doesn't have to work as hard for over an hour to warm up the longarm quilting area.  I only use it when my husband is home.  It gets very hot.  I'm not comfortable with our son running around and setting something in front of it by accident or moving it.  He does know to stay away from it, but you just never can be too safe.


I resolved my thread problem by wrapping it around the handle and taping the end fast.


I loaded and quilted this little rescue crib quilt.  It will be donated to charity.  I am a firm believer to use my God-given talents to help others.


After I finished the above quilt top I had enough backing and batting pieces ready to just keep rolling with it and quilt this one right behind it.  This is a rescued crib quilt for charity as well.


This is my January OMG project (one main goal).  It's finally on the longarm and in the process of getting quilted.  Hopefully it will be finished in the next four days.  I almost pause as I quilt across this quilt and say, "Oh look, a little tree..  a little frog... a duck..."  The colored squares are 1" finished.  The larger squares are 2" finished.  It's definitely a looker.  Memories of those fabrics make me smile.  The pattern is called Go Four It.


I'm crossing this blackwork project off my list.  It's just too fine work for me to see at bowling and I rather pursue other projects.  I will probably tear it out and use the cloth for something else -- maybe.  Maybe next  year I will choose a larger cloth to work with.  This is a free pattern that releases a weekly rectangle or square each week in a facebook group called Peppermint Purple.


Yesterday out of the blue I was inspired by Joy at The Joyful Quilter, to play with "table scraps".  I had a bunch of pink squares and strips left over from my Winter Blues (in pink) quilt.  I just happened to get my e-mail from Sew Can She with this cute heart pattern called Baby Heart Log Cabin Quilt.  I used 1.5" squares instead of the suggested size.  It turned out super cute.  You can find the pattern here.  Such a great idea to make something out of the little scraps left out after another project, Joy!

I have a little stand by the tv that this will fit perfectly on for Valentine's Day.  


When I delivered the finished quilt to a friend last week, she gave me another to longarm quilt for her.  I call it the Large Square scrap quilt for CM for WIP list purposes.


I am down to 60 projects on my WIP list.  This is getting exciting for me.  

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern from 
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)
14.  Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) I can't find it!!!
15.  Temperature QA (changing this project to a table topper)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Orange, pink, grey kite blocks 2015
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt
30.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32.  Pink Table Scraps

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
 5.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blcoks
10.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
11.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4.  Sand Castles -- Bonnie Hunter string quilt started January, 2019 -- an RSC project
5.  Fortune Teller (RSC14)
6.  Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Large Square scrap quilt for CM -- picked up 1.22.21
3.  Charity Crib Quilt of patchwork squares -- from JB @ CSHS
4.  Charity Crib Quilt of Christmas trees -- from JB @ CSHS
5.  Winter Blues in Pink (Bonnie Hunter pattern) (started 1.1.21)
6.  Go Four It!  Scrappy 4-patches started as leader/ender, June 2017
7.  Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) 8/8/19

I'm linking up with Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication   Enjoy all the eye candy -- especially the super cool peppermint reindeer this week.

7 comments:

Andee Neff said...

You are whipping through those WIP's! Lots of pretty quilts in this post!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Look at you go, Kathy!! Winter Blues all quilted, trimmed and ready to bind, an adorable project for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, and you are on to the next customer quilt? Congrats on a productive week! Thanks for the pattern link to your little runner. I'm SEW tempted to give it a try, as my challenge runner now complete.

Suzanne said...

Love, love, love your Go Four It quilt!
Great job on the WIPs too.

Vicki in MN said...

OMG another Nolting owner!! I have the Funquilter, love my machine:)
Your Pink quilt is awesome.

patty a. said...

You are doing so well with getting projects done. That little piece you made out of the scraps is so cute!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are just crushing it lately. More gorgeous work. Love the patriotic kids quilt. My Nolting is a purple NV. Finished a comfort quilt yesterday and it actually behaved itself.

Mussen said...

Hello
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
email: carlose78910@gmail.com