Saturday, January 2, 2021

2020 In Spools...

As a weird tradition, every year I throw all of my empty spools in a bag in a drawer in the desk that sits behind my sewing machine.  

65


65 spools of thread (mostly partial spools of thread)were used in 2020.

Many of the spools were from my mother-in-law's stash.  She was a perfectionist when it came to making sure the right color thread was used.  She made many, many beautiful gowns for weddings and formals.  She was a seamstress.  

I am a scrap quilter.  Almost anything goes when it comes to piecing blocks of various colors.  I can't remember the last time I bought thread for my sewing machine.  I am also working from my mom's and grandma's stash of threads!  I still get excited when I win thread.  You can never have enough thread!

2 comments:

patty a. said...

I took a picture of my empty spools but I didn't count them. I know I didn't have as many as you did!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I sew with neutral cone thread, so I don't have many spools. I am amazed I empty cones, so something must be happening in my studio.