Sunday, January 31, 2021

A Snowy Sunday -- On the Frame

 Today I loaded a friend's large square patchwork quilt on the frame.  I started quilting it with a more modern design.  I'm still not sure if that's the right design for that quilt or not.  I think I should have picked something taller.  I'm sure she will still be happy that it is quilted.


The quilting design I am using is called Modern Squares from Urban Elementz.

I'm having trouble receiving e-mails to any comments that you leave on my blog.  I used to get the notice in my e-mail but now I don't.  I noticed that has been happening all over blogland.

Our son was busy building tracks and ping pong trick shots in the garage while my husband made specialized bolts on his lathe.  It's cool that we all kinda hang out together but do our own thing.  :)


My husband is in the process of constructing a new building in his mind.  The adjuster bolts needed that makes the building level and square are super expensive.  My husband bought bar stock and is making the bolts himself to save quite a bit.  He's super creative like that.  I'm so lucky he's mine.


Here's his YouTube video of his Ping Pong Trick Shot on Youtube.

We got about 4" of fresh snow today to cover the little dusting of snow that we had.  I made it to the chicken coop just in time to gather the last eggs of the day.  If I would have left them there over night they would have frozen.  It's okay if they freeze, but sometimes they break when they freeze.  All of my hens roost at night.  It's nice that everyone feels safe enough that they don't sleep in the nest boxes.  The extra rooster problem has been corrected. It's all good.



2 comments:

patty a. said...

You got a lot more snow than I did. So far we have gotten only a heavy dusting. The snow has been very fine so it doesn't amount to much. Owen sure had fun making that video with the track. I am sure your friend will love having that quilt done no matter what the pattern is that you use.

Kathy S. said...

We got a few more inches of snow today. It's a snow day and NO SCHOOL -- haha, but we are online and that doesn't stop us. Be careful out there.