Sunday, January 10, 2021

Crib Quilt on the Frame

I loaded a friend's crib quilt onto the frame.  It was 25 degrees this morning.  Brrr.  My husband turned on the furnace so that my longarm room could warm up a bit.  I was cruising along and almost forgot to take a picture.  My longarm was quilting smoothly in the cold and not skipping--yet--knock on wood.


I am quilting it using my Circle Lord giant template board called Swirls.  

My husband did something (construction wise) with the insulation upstairs and tucked it in... I still don't get it why he does this and then untucks it in the warmer months.  It has something to do with the house not being finished and it not getting over 100 degrees up there and melting something with the roof or shingles...  Not my project.  I'll just keep quilting.

6 comments:

Andee Neff said...

Love the swirls!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! This one is SEW sweet, Kathy!! More Swirls? LOL... Always a fan favorite. :o))

Needled Mom said...

Those swirls look so pretty. The insulation technique sounds interesting, but I’d also stick to quilting. 😂

Teresa said...

That's one of my favorite quilting patterns.

Kathy S. said...

My muscle memory really likes this design.

patty a. said...

The quilting is so pretty! Years ago my electrician installed an attic fan with a thermostat. If the attic gets over 120 degrees, the fan comes on blows out the hot air and helps save the shingles. It really helps the A/C not have to run so hard to.