Saturday, January 9, 2021

RSC21 -- Winter Blues in Pink

 I am enjoying playing with my pink scraps.  I went through my pink tote bins and pulled out the smallest of scaps.  No fat quarters were hurt in the making of this quilt.  LOL.  I save pieces that are at least 1.5" square (or at least 1" strips for strings.)  Large pieces are not sorted from the small pieces.  I press and then run them through the good ole Accuquilt.  The little squares multiple quickly.

Some of the scraps I only had a piece of fabric big enough for one 1.5" square.  Most of my scrap quilts I put together by the piece and not by strip sets.  Strip sets saves a lot of time, but putting it together by piece gives more variety for me.

I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy for the RSC21.

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Piece by piece does give a great variety. It also makes it easier to use even the littlest bits. Glad you were able to get so much done from your pile o scraps. The blocks look great!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Good use of those scraps, uneven 9 patches are a fun block to make, happy stitching!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Boy! That Accuquilt really makes quick work of cutting that pretty PINK pile of scraps, Kathy!! No strip sets for me, either.

Sarah said...

That accuquilt sure does the job. It seems like you have a huge amount made already!

grammajudyb said...

Your blocks look great and are adding up quickly!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, it's always so satisfying to use little scraps!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty pinks in your blocks! The Accuquilt always sounds so handy for taming the scraps. I'm still cutting them the old fashioned way, lol!

Maggie said...

Just love the AccuQuilt dies is so much. The one and a half inch strip one, has been saving my wrists from too much cutting.

Jenny said...

You've made a great start!

Darlene said...

Nice pile.

Ivani said...

You made a bunch of blocks with those pink scraps. Good for you having Accuquilt to cut all the scraps. It sounds that all the cutting process is faster with it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Variety is good in a quilt. Like spices in a dish, it brings it to another level.

Susie H said...

I don't mind piecing piece by piece because of the fact you stated -- more variety. However, I do like the idea of getting the pieces cut quickly with your Accuquilt. Some days I sure do wish I had one! *sigh* Your blocks are very cute and you are showing LOTS of variety!