Wednesday, February 3, 2021

WIP Wednesday 2.3.21 -- The One With A Bunch of Finishes for 2021! -- Project PHD

 Happy hump day.  Here we go with what got DONE this week.  I am definitely celebrating some projects that are completely DONE!  (That usually means I get to start a couple more.  LOL)

I finished my Go Four It quilt.  This quilt was started when I made four-patches as part of the RSC in 2017.  You can read all about the quilt here.

The Go Four It pattern can be found in the magazine AMERICAN PATCHWORK & QUILTING, April 2015. 

I'm linking up with PHD in 2021.  Hopefully I will keep up the momentum and finish more projects.

I finished my Table Scraps project for the month of January.  This little project was inspired by Joy.  It measures almost 18" square.  It brightens the spot where we keep our tv stuff.  I just happened to get my e-mail from Sew Can She with this cute heart pattern called Baby Heart Log Cabin Quilt.  I used 1.5" squares instead of the suggested size.  It turned out super cute.  You can find the pattern here.  Such a great idea to make something out of the little scraps left out after another project, Joy!  


I'm excited to show that I finished my Winter Blues (pattern by Bonnie Hunter) in pink toddler quilt.


Cathy that blogs at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting inspired me in (as she always does) to use up those scraps.  Check out her gorgeous rail fence quilt here.  She made 900 blocks here and there over a few years and ended up with a gorgeous quilt.  

I loved the idea of using up 1.5" strips of the color of the month for the RSC and started making them in 2021.  Here's the first 14 of 900...  I expect this to be a long-term project on my WIP list.

I trimmed and quilted these two little crib quilts.  They are ready for binding.  They will be donated to charity.


I haven't made a quilt with a black background yet.  With a few big projects coming to a close, I am allowing myself to start a simple, new RSC project.  I expect this one to be a quilt top by the end of 2021.  I am making the GO! ABC quilt.  Each month I will about 3 letter blocks.  These are the four hearts in the corners of the quilt. 


I finished the quilting on my friend's large square patchwork quilt.  I will return it to her later this week.  She will most likely have a quilt top ready for me to add to my list. 


I am down to 59 projects on my WIP list.  This is getting exciting for me.  

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern from 
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)
14.  Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) I can't find it!!!
15.  Temperature QA (changing this project to a table topper)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Orange, pink, grey kite blocks 2015
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt
30.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32.  Rail Fence started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
33.  GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
 5.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blcoks
10.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
11.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4.  Sand Castles -- Bonnie Hunter string quilt started January, 2019 -- an RSC project
5.  Fortune Teller (RSC14)
6.  Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) 8/8/19
3.  Charity Crib Quilt of patchwork squares -- from JB @ CSHS
4.  Charity Crib Quilt of Christmas trees -- from JB @ CSHS

I'm linking up with Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication   Enjoy all the eye candy -- especially the super cool peppermint reindeer this week.

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your Go For it! The border is absolutely perfect! So many finishes, I bet your sense of accomplishment is extremely high! Happy stitching and can't wait to see what you show us next post.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Excellent progress during January, Kathy!

Needled Mom said...

Your hearts are so pretty. I love you finish on your 4 patch quilt. It inspires me to get mine finished.

Kathy S. said...

It seams like I've had so many open-ended projects for so long. I keep working on them at random little by little. I'm hoping 2021 is a year of finishes for several of my projects. Stay tuned, Gretchen.

Kathy S. said...

I keep plugging along. I've been sorting and organizing too. I still haven't found that Kevin the Quilter QAL in progress in the bag. I know it's in a bag somewhere... When the time is right I will find it. For now I shall sew on.

Kathy S. said...

I can't wait to see yours finished! I hope to do this pattern again in a baby quilt using dark blues for the background and neutrals for the little squares. Looks like a sewing day here. It's only 7 degrees and my kid has two one-hour meetings for school. Woohoo!

dq said...

It is amazing how quickly we can accumulate new projects and not finish old ones. Good job dropping items off that list!