Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Finishes

 Oh what a strange year it has been.  Here are the 2020 finishes I can think of for this year.

My favorite is my Garden Party quilt that I gifted to a very dear friend.  Garden Party design by Bonnie Hunter.


I finished the #Spidersewalong quilt and gifted it to our son.  This is a Pen & Paper Design pattern.  This was a sew along on Instagram.  I considered it one big block and figured it wouldn't take long to have a finish.


I finished my Wings of Spring quilt.  Blocks for this quilt were won in the Block Lotto.


I finished this #SSSSQ quilt.  It was a quilt along lead by Kevin the Quilter.


The quilt that is on our bed is my Ohio quilt made with 2.5" squares.  I drew it on graph paper.  It is a huge, California King, quilt.  Certain cities have the city names embroidered on them.  After Garden Party, this is my second favorite quilt that I have made.


This is a simple, but useful finish.  I use it as a mug rug/coaster next to my computer. I made this during the month we used up purple scraps during the RSC20.  In the photo it is sitting on my wool pressing mat that was a splurge for this year.  It was a great investment for pressing quilt blocks.


My husband finished the bathroom in the "other house".  It was a big project for him while he took several months off work during 2020.


I finished the Catchin' Some Rays quilt this year.  This started out as a Slow Sunday Stitching project.  I replaced the applique flowers in the pattern for hexagon flowers.  I wanted to learn how to do that.  This quilt was one of the ones I gifted to my neighbor's granddaughter.


I finished the hand embroidery and cross stitch on this holiday apron.  I found this partially stitched WIP in a bin at a local thrift shop and rescued and finished it.  It was a nice sized project to take along with me to school in my sew-to-go bag.  I do miss working with students but I know my place is home with our son.  He is doing AMAZING with remote learning.


...and don't forget the countless masks...  I didn't make as many as others, but I did make a few.





This ginger bread man table topper was also a finish.  The little blocks also fit into my sew-to-go bag for hand stitching.  It now hangs in my kitchen.


Another favorite finish, Short & Sweet -- pattern by Kim Diehl, was finished early this year.  It was another item started in my sew-to-go bag that I carried with me from place to place.


Happy New Year!





















6 comments:

Janet said...

I hope your family has a wonderful 2021. I love reading your blog.
You are an awesome mom!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thank you for sharing all your beauteous creations! I can't manage to do that as the year sort of flattened me emotionally. I did finish quilts, but it seems not enough to share.

Kathy S. said...

Thank you, Janet. That is so sweet. I hope you have a blessed 2021 as well. :)

Kathy S. said...

2020 has definitely taken it's toll on me emotionally as well. I'm starting to get a grip on the new routine (finally). I'm thankful that I'm interested in sewing and quilting more again.

patty a. said...

You have a very productive year! Between home schooling Owen, the garden, chickens, field trips, and quilting, you were busy! Wishing you and your family a healthy, safe, and happy NEW YEAR!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What an awesome post, Kathy. I can not choose a favorite of the quilts that your created. You accomplished so much. I can not wait to see what you work on in 2021 . Thank you so much for sharing and being such an inspiration. Happy New Year. Hugs.