Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Incoming Quilt to Longarm

I received another quilt to longarm this week.  I quickly threw it on the table in the quilt room for a photo.  I had to get to the bus stop.  I set out my batting bin.  Frankenbatting will need to be assembled.  


When I don't know how I am going to longarm a quilt I like to let it sit on the table until a design comes to me.  I may use a design board I haven't used for a while on this one.  The bright yellow fabric is the backing.  I have a feeling I will use yellow thread on this quilt, but I'm not sure about that either yet.



3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I like my black and white photo printed out and put in a page protector with marker quilt design approach. I can keep trying things out without keeping the ideas in my head. Eventually, I come up with something workable. And then I have a road map when I forget what I was doing.

patty a. said...

The quilt is pretty much a blank canvas and any quilting design will look good on it. I think the yellow thread would be so fun!

Needled Mom said...

The quilt will talk to you as you view it stretched out like that.