Monday, February 15, 2021

Domino Template from Urban Elementz

This weekend I started quilting the Dominos pattern from Urban Elementz.  I saw it advertised as being on sale on Instagram and they got me.  I needed to add something new to my edge-to-edge quilting options.  Quilting this quilt and the last quilt for my friend will pay for the template.  

Happy President's Day for those who celebrate.  There is no school today.  I hope to be able to quilt a little more on this and get it at least 75% complete.  There is also no school on Tuesday because our school district is scheduled to get their vaccinations.  Hopefully this quilt will be quilted by Wednesday?  Woohoo.  Let's move on to another finish.

 

I need practice on circles and straight lines.  I think it doesn't look that bad for my first run.  I have two stylists.  One is for Circle Lord boards; one is for the Urban Elementz boards.  The one for the Urban Elementz does not fit as well as the Circle Lord one in the grooves and there is just a little bit more play.  


My stitch length isn't as even as it usually is.  I need to practice on an overall even speed of stitching.


I need to discuss how the stylist fits with my helper staff.  Looks like they are busy in the garage.




7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Longarm quilting is much more difficult than people think. Everything, including the operator, has to work perfectly in order to get it looking right. I am far from perfect and have made peace with it, but I don't quilt for people, so there is less pressure.

patty a. said...

That design is very interesting and looks great on that quilt.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a wonderful quilt, Kathy. I can not wait to see it all quilted up. The design you have chosen is so much fun. Have a great week and happy quilting. A visit to your blog is always a delight.

Kathy S. said...

It's an awesome texture and adds a lot of interest to the quilt.

Kathy S. said...

I'll get the hang of the circles soon. My muscle memory really likes the design already.

Kathy S. said...

That's for sure. I'm glad I have functional quilt people in my circle instead of competitive quilt people. I delivered this to my friend today and she loved it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun quilting design, Kathy!! Nice addition to your selections.