Wednesday, February 10, 2021

WIP Wednesday 2.10.21

It's been another great week of sewing and quilting.  We also had a lot of fun in the snow.

I finished this little charity crib quilt.  It comes off the list.


I loaded my Fortune Teller quilt onto the longarm frame.  It is my OMG for February to finish.


I picked up this vertical strip quilt to longarm quilt for a friend.  The back is not big enough.  I need to work on adding to it so that it can be quilted.


 On Friday I dropped off this quilt that I longarm quilted for a friend.

I started two more RSC projects this year.  The first one is called Stay Centered.  It is a free pattern that I got on the APQS website here.  I made the yellow row.  I'll put this row away until one of the other colors appear as our color of the month.


Another RSC project that I started last month is the GO! ABCs Throw Quilt Pattern.  This is a free pattern (right now) on the Accuquilt site here.  I have decided which month will be which color and spaced them out on the pattern.  This month I ended up making three letters.  Now this project is done for February.  I'll put it in the happy little bin until March.  I am adding as much of the block that I can to assemble the quilt.  I notice that sometimes my projects stall because all of the blocks are made but I have to take time to do all the sashings and cornerstones.  I will continue to build each row as much as I can.  I seem to have more time in the winter months to sew than the summer months.

 I am down to 59 projects on my WIP list.  This is getting exciting for me. 

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern from 
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)
14.  Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) I can't find it!!!
15.  Temperature QA (changing this project to a table topper)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Orange, pink, grey kite blocks 2015--I can't find these.  Started searching again 2.6.21
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
30.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32.  Rail Fence started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
33.  GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
34.  Stay Centered started February, 2021

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
 5.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blcoks
10.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
11.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4.  Sand Castles -- Bonnie Hunter string quilt started January, 2019 -- an RSC project
5.  Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) 8/8/19
3.  Charity Crib Quilt of patchwork squares -- from JB @ CSHS
4.  Fortune Teller (RSC14)
5.  Vertical Strip Quilt for a friend (CM) -- picked up 2/5/21

I'm linking up with Midweek Makers.  Enjoy all the eye candy -- especially the super cool peppermint reindeer this week.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You guys have really gotten a lot of snow lately....and cold! Loving you RSC row!

Susan said...

Adorable baby quilt, and I love your Fortune Teller quilt on the frame.