Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Vertical Quilt is on the Frame

 I loaded this vertical quilt on the frame.  I'll be quilting it with a template from Urban Elementz called Dominos.   Wish me luck because this template has a lot of straight lines and circles.

I'm finding that I still like to use the top roller for when I load the quilt until I get to about the last two feet of the quilt to be quilted.  At that point I float the top for the rest of it.  This new-to-me has been producing better results at the bottom of the quilt.


The helper sorted scraps.  We are getting them down to very large, manageable totes.  He LOVES sorting things.  He found some textured fabrics.  I can tell he really wanted me to make a textured quilt.  He asked if he could sort them according to texture.  I said let's go for color for now and we can pull out the textured fabrics later.



4 comments:

patty a. said...

You sure are doing great with another quilt on the machine. How nice to have someone who like to sort! That has got to be a big help!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Quilt looks interesting and colorful. A helper to sort is wonderful.

Kathy S. said...

My friend that made this quilt said that she had a bunch of strips left over. I recognize several of them as the sides of backings of quilts that I have longarmed for her. I know that a couple are sheets. One is part of a shower curtain. There are leftover pieces from another quilt top that didn't work for her because they were cut on the bias.

I always love to see what she has for me next because she uses what she has like my grandma does. I need to figure out what colors she needs and give her a bin!

Kathy S. said...

He is such an awesome helper. I have tried to teach him to cut with the Accuquilt dies. He rather sort. That's ok. Hope you are ready for the big dump of snow we are supposed to get.